Chapter 7

AFTER A MONTH OR SO

The flashbacks of that day repeated my head.

The faces of my dead pack members were clear in my head. The feelings overflood inside once again.

The nightmares were never ending.

I heard a whisper, "Evie, are you awake?"

The familiar voice echoed within these walls as I answered him, "Yes, Felix."

He told me, "I heard you quiet yells in the middle of the night."

I simply stated, "Nightmares..."

He dared, "What were they about?"

I constantly told him the same thing, "It is complicated."

He whispered, "Someday, you will tell me."

I sadly smiled, "Unlikely."

He continued, "Well, I --"

However, he was interrupted when we felt the ground shake. As the dungeon was located on the underground from what Felix said, we could hear shouting and feel rushed steps.

My heart started beating rapidly as I stood up shakily. My arm was healed with some miracle and the pain was non-existence.

Felix said calmly, "Calm down, Evie."

I tried, "But something is happening upstairs."

Next sound came next to me as Felix rattled the prison bars in front of him. Still, his image distorted within the darkness.

He continued, "I know."

Silence surrounded us as we heard the cries of the pack. Even if these people were vile towards me, it did not mean that I wished them ill.

I did not believe in revenge as I did not preach so. When I still had my pack, we practised harmony and peace within any species.

It had cost me immensely...

Felix did not believe in such. He vocalised his views loudly. Each day that we were in, he would tell me how he had envisioned to kill each them.

It was easy to blend in the deadly shadows when everything you loved was taken away from you. However, I was not taught as such. I wished that I was not forgiving, but I am...

A brief glimpse of a man with blue eyes walked outside of the prison cell. I backed further away from the bars as possible.

I heard a noise on the left side, which was where Felix's cell was located.

A quick rush of panic crossed my veins as I feared for him, until I heard Felix said, "It took you long enough."

The other man, which I had seen previously, voiced, "Be thankful we came."

I heard a quick whatever from Felix. The sound of something made of metal breaking was heard within these walls.

The hurried steps rushed towards my direction as I saw a man with a wicked smile.

The man with similar brown eyes asked, "Evie?"

The well known vocal echoed and I found myself stepping forwards.

I was in front of a man with brown hair and tired eyes. His smirk clear as day as I could finally see and not imagine.

I asked, "Felix."

He nodded and sighed, "Hello, Evie."

Keys in his hands, I opened the cell door and held my hand.

He pushed me forwards and closed the door behind me. Looking away from him, I could see the other man who looked at it disapprovingly.

Felix caught my attention again, "You are beautiful, Evie."

Shying away, I whispered, "Thank--"

However, I disrupted when the other man said, "This is not the time to flirt. Let's go!"

Felix was about to rush, when I pushed him back and demanded, "Wait, what is happening?"

Felix said, "I told you my pack would come for me."

Still stunned, Felix held my hand and run with me.

Through the corridors, we unfortunately found ourselves locked in the corner. Three guards stood in our way.

Felix turned to me and said, "I need you to run."

I asked quickly, "And you?"

Felix's smirk finding his way back, "I will be right behind you when I finish them."

The darkness seemed to surround him when he had uttered those words. He pushed me to a narrow corridor and gave me a look.

Felix turned around and I watched him slash another werewolf's throat. I took a deep breath and faced away.

Looking at the narrow corridor, I made my way.

Running around, I finally could see the end. The bright light shinned giving an indication that the outside world was not that far.

Whispers rang on my ears and I tried to decipher what to do next, but I ignored them and charged through.

However, nothing in my life is that easy.

The werewolf who mocked me every day appeared before me, and I was paralysed. This man was scary, like a monster, and his yellow eyes stared at me with wickedness promising me of a painful death.

I started to back away and look for another exit, but somehow in that moment, I could not think straight.

With bright yellow eyes, he laughed, "Did you really think you could get away?"

I stuttered, "I-I--"

His laugh rang louder in my ears as he took several steps ahead.

I tried, while stepping back, "Please, stay back."

Finally, in front of me, his wicked eyes bore on mine and his hand wrapped around my neck.

Tightly, he held me and pushed me off the ground. The air within my lungs started to cease slowly and dark spots surrounded my vision.

Although, his hold lessened, and I fell into the ground.

Trying to ease the pain around my next, everything felt like a blur, until I looked at the boots in front of me.

Looking up slowly, I found myself staring at the man. His darkest red eyes I ever seen stared at me, along with his polished black beard. Everything about him radiated power in waves as he saw with me with a blank expression. His scent was hypnotising and made me feel light, however, the feeling that I had smelt before.

It was forgotten when the weirdest thing had happened. I felt my wolf awaken and whisper weakly the word 'mate'.

Before I could react, the werewolf who had tried to kill me said angrily, "You are not getting away from the thing. Yo--"

However, he stopped talking when my mate began charging towards him.

Adrenaline pumped through my veins as I stood up and run to the opposite side.

Before I disappeared, I looked behind.

I found my mate holding him by the neck, like he had done to me. Briefly, his deep marron eyes bore into mine and I could feel the anger he was feeling currently.

Jumping slightly, I turned away and ran.

He did not follow.

I was not sure where I was going, but it was away from him.

I did not know if it was the vigorous darkness that surrounded him or the demons inside of my head scaring me.

I had no salvation.

*****

Read, vote and comment!