Epilogue

AFTER THREE YEARS

Three difficult years had gone by.

During these years, everything has changed, including me. I have been happier than I have ever been.

I have found my way in this world.

Although, I loved my pack, it had been forced upon me. The major reason that I kept my pack in the harmonious state to any werewolf was because I always had loved to help others.

Currently, I was one among few to help those werewolves that needed other kind of help. I was also helping around for those rogues that had no shelter on their heads or food on their plate.

Although, they travelled from land to land. Something that went unnoticed by the Alphas as they were never spotted once, including myself.

I found a way to stay in one place among with few that I call friends. Although, they were not aware that I was Evangeline Hellfire, instead I was known by Evie.

I guess I kept my name Evie because it reminded me of Deucalion. I have not seen my mate since I walked out. Gladly, he has not come for me, and I was not found by any other.

I also had overheard that the rogue attacks had ceased, and nobody knew where they had gone. I had heard from travelling werewolves that Alphas were content that everyone was saved.

I guess something had changed the mind of the Alpha of the Rogues.

Today was the death anniversary of my parents and pack.

During these years, I could not escape on much I miss each and every single one of them.

I found myself standing near the lake.

The sight was still breath-taking as I stared the clear water and the quiet that was around. Memories of my parents bring me on their favourite place still played inside of my head.

Someone said from behind, "I knew you would come."

Turning around, slightly nervously, I stared at the blonde-haired man who I once called my friend.

I simply asked, "What are you doing here?"

Daniel took few steps ahead and rambled, "I finally found you. I have been looking for you for years and I finally found you... If it wasn't for that rogue stopping me from following you that day, then I would have never let you go. It doesn't matter, I finally found you."

Taking a few steps backwards, I repeated, "What are you doing here, Daniel?"

Daniel, baffled, still said, "What do you mean? I came for you."

I uttered, scared and confused, "I do not understand."

His steps seemed to blur as he stood in front of me with a flash. His tired eyes gazed at me with something unknown. I did not recognise the Daniel that stood before me.

Daniel linked our hands together and his frame close to mine, like we were lovers, which we were far from it.

Daniel simply said, "I love you, Eva. I came for you to make you my bride."

I echoed, "Bride?"

He continued, "I came here to convince you to come with me, to be mine for forever."

The mad eyes bore into mine and fear crept within me as he ignored my feelings.

I uttered, "I am not coming with you."

He pressed, "Evangeline, you do not know what you want. I will make you my bride and everything will be alright."

I completely backed away and made sure there was a distance between us.