Chapter 1

Basic Information about the werewolves :

Here are the basic terms you may come across in this book and if you have read werewolf books you can skip this part.

MATES: Short form of soul mates is mates. In the werewolf community, they have destined other half/soulmate to live with which is decided by the moon goddess. Mates are possessive over each other.

ALPHA: Alpha's are the leader of the pack they are living in, as you all know werewolves live in a pack and if the wolf is a lone wolf, then they are considered to be ROGUE.

LUNA: Alpha's mate is called Luna, and she is also known to be the mother of the whole pack.

BETA: Second in command in the pack. Works and helps the alpha in leading the pack, and basically, he/she will be the alpha's closest friend or relative.

GAMMA: Third in command in the pack. Protector of luna and also head of the warriors. Planning for wars and fight. They will be the best person they can for their luna.

Riley's POV

I am currently standing in front of a mirror thinking about which dress should I wear for my 18th birthday. My sister handed me two dresses in the morning to select. One is a long red dress, which is sure enough tight and shows of my curves and cleavage. The other one is a simple strapless black dress which ends at mid-thigh. Black is my colour and I don't want to look like a total slut when I meet my mate today. I just wish my mate won't reject me.

As I started to wear a black dress, I can hear someone's hurried footsteps walking towards my room. "Are you ready yet?" I can hear my sister's annoying voice from the other side of my door.

"Almost done," I say as I struggle to place my dress on me in a presentable way. Will he be okay when he knows that I am his mate? He will probably get pissed out at me when he knows I am his mate, but will he get too pissed to the extent where he will probably reject me at the spot.

"If you are not going to open the door right now, you will require replacing this very damn door tomorrow. I am going to break it in ten seconds and your time starts now" she says as she starts counting from one to ten in a taunting way. Is she serious about what she said now? Better be safe than sorry, so I open the door at her count eight.

"Two more seconds and the door would have been off of its hinges. OMG, YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL" she started screaming as I practically close my ears at her screams. "Thank you, can you just reduce your volume, I am sure the whole pack has heard what you said now," I tell her and her only reply to me is a scoff at what I said.

"You do look beautiful. Come on sit. Let me put some makeup on your face" she says as she drags me towards the chair in front of the mirror. "You do know that when you meet your mate you won't be able to spend much time with me, but it's ok. I will miss you for sure" she says as she starts applying a dark red colour lipstick on my already dark lips. She is my best friend, my family.

But what she says is true and I don't want to make promises which will be broken in the future. "Don't worry. I am not gonna forget you" I say to her with a wink, because I can't see her sad and I am not good at emotions.

"Love you Riles, I don't know why am I in a grumpy mood today." she sighs as she braids my hair in the side.."Oh, let me guess. Your mate is on patrol today and you didn't get a chance to kiss him in the morning." I tell her with a squeal which is foreign to my ear. "That's true" she replies with a forced smile.

I give a peck on her cheek and check myself in the mirror. "Your mate is lucky," she says giving me a side hug when I stand there staring at a girl who is me, but not my true self.

"I will go down now and you better be there in five minutes" she orders pointing her finger at me. I nodded my head at her still staring at my reflection in the mirror. I hear her footsteps fade in a distance, and that's when I come out of my trance.

Will my mate accept me for who I am? The same question I have been asking the whole day repeats in my head like a chant. I push my insecurities aside and started descending the steps from my room to the floor where the party is in full swing.

I can hear pack members speaking about how pretty I look in this dress and I thanked a few who have complimented me about my dress. I am never good at meeting and interacting with people, so I started walking towards the bar to order a drink.

"Isn't birthday girl supposed to be addressing people and not letting herself get drunk?" a husky voice which makes girls go weak on knees asks as he takes a seat beside me.

"Is Mr Alpha Ass that jobless to talk with an omega girl or is it that no girl finds you hot today?" I reply with a smirk as I can see his posture stiffen at my come back. Not that's a good comeback, but I know for sure that he hates hooking up with girls for a night and it seems he is scared of his mate not believing him about him waiting for her. His imagination is so wild that he thinks even if his pack member jokes about him hooking up with another girl, his mate may hear that from somewhere and she will just reject him at the spot.

"I am here to wish you and also to warn you about not getting your hopes high on your mate. He may reject you or worse torture you by not accepting or rejecting the mate bond," he says this with his signature smirk, which is kinda hot by the way. "I would love to watch the torture he will put you through. After all, if your mate is in this pack, he will hate you" he chuckles as he continues his talk about my mate rejecting or torturing me.

"You know, I wish that your mate rejects you.." but before he could say another word, my hand have its own reaction as I slap him hard across his cheeks. "Don't you dare?" I say as my damn voice cracked and my vision turns blurry due to my unshed tears.

I see him open his mouth to tell something, but I wasn't ready to hear it out. I walk away from my birthday party as fast as possible to the place where I always find my peace. The lake which is near the border and is difficult to find by others is the only place I love to visit when I am not in the mood to face the world.

It hurts to think about getting rejected by your mate. I really don't want someone to wish I get rejected. That someone being my own mate...

So here is the end of the first chapter and I hope you will like this book

Suggestion are welcomed and please do vote and comment

👍

Lots of love ❤️💕❤️💞riyafarewell