Chapter 21

Ryan's POV

I am so happy. I let myself relax in my office with the thought of my mate being in our room with no worries. I smile at the thought Daniel is finally in our basement with other rogues who have made Riley's life a hell. I open to read a file about the pack matters still with the smile when the door to my office bursts open.

Alex comes in and makes himself comfortable but doesn't start talking. I raise an eyebrow at him to which he just sighs and looks down.

What's wrong with him? I thought he would be happy with Riley being back and problems getting solved. Or, is it the pack members who are against or wants the detailed explanation of what happened which makes him worried?

He opens and closes his mouth a few times, before finally telling what's making him so worried. "I am happy that you got your mate back, but she is an alpha and now she have her own pack which will lead to some problems here," he says making me nod my head.

Honestly, I know what he is talking about. Even if we combine both the packs, Alpha should be only one or we should separate our pack which will make mine and my mate's life difficult because we can't meet each other often. I should discuss it with my mate before coming to a decision, whatever she wishes is what I am going to follow.

"I will talk to her about this, do not worry about it," I say and he just nods his head still worrying about this. It will be a mess if we don't think about this carefully. I sigh as I start working on the paper related to the pack work.

I didn't know when, but I find myself waking up from my deep slumber. I go to my room to check up on Riley and there she is, still sleeping like an angel. I walk up to the bed and make myself comfortable as I slip in next to her. She seems to stiffen at first before relaxing herself and snuggling even more close to me. I let out a contented sigh and hug her tight before going back to sleep once again.

When I woke up she was not there, so I started walking around the pack house in search of her. I stop to look around the kitchen and find her eating her dinner without any worries in the world. I shake my head with a small smile and walk up to her. She seems so engrossed in eating that she didn't even acknowledge my presence.

I cough out a little gaining her attention. She smiles at me and points out the chair next to her for me to sit and I oblige immediately. Not having anything to do, I just stare at her as she eats. In my mind though, there is a big war going on about how to start about the pack matters.

She rolls her eyes and suddenly turn around to face me with a look I can't decipher. "I know about what you are thinking, atleast put up the mind wall before thinking too hard near me," she says grinning at me. I just scoff at her and look away trying my best to hide my embarrassment.

"Unless you have a plan of being all alpha male and treat me like a fragile girl, I have no problem of you being the alpha for our entire pack," she says in her final tone but all I can think about is how good it sounds when she says 'OUR' pack. I give her a look asking are you sure and she nods her head with a bright smile. She seems to be relaxed and we all get the reason why.

I was thinking it would be a big mess, but she trusts me enough to give me her pack. I will make it work out, I will find a way to make it work out..

This story seems to be coming to an end!!!