Chapter 10

Hazel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, talking to her was more helpful than I thought it would be.
She's the best. And despite being painfully unoriginal, her name suits her. I might call her that from now on.
While you're at it, you might as well give everyone names! Said Hazel, her tone dry as a desert.
Maybe we will, sniffed the tree, clearly annoyed with Hazel. Trina was right, you know.
Right about what? She asked, almost scared to hear the answer.
She said that your voice is weak. And it is. Weak, I mean.
    I figured that's what you meant.
Whatever. That does not matter.
Still, it's really weird how you don't have names.
    I get that, but we trees aren't exactly the most creative beings and I think a long time ago, trees tried that but it got too difficult to try and remember them, so it was disbanded shortly after.
Oh.
How do humans remember names anyway?
    I don't know. For some people, they can't remember names at all, but for most people, we just hear a name once or twice and then just begin to associate it with their face.
That's way too confusing. Now I'm glad that we don't do that.
    But Hazel had stopped listening. She was busy looking towards the sky and marveling at the beautiful sunset. It was the first one she had seen in a while because she spent so much time lodged up in her room. She couldn't believe how much she missed when she felt bad for herself. But she as she looked at the sunset, she could not believe all the colors that melted together.
         There were the typical reds and hot oranges, but there were colors she didn't expect to see in a sunset, like the varying shades of blue and purple. Thank god that she was a tree, and she could stand looking at it without having to sit down.
         Hazel was shocked when she realized that the sky had turned into a deep indigo, with only a couple of stars starting to come out. She had been watching the sunset for the whole time.
Does the sunset usually look like that? She asked the tree.
Not always, but sometimes it does.
Wow, she sighed.
It is very pretty, but you just kind of get used to it after a while. Once you've seen one sunset, you've seen them all.
That isn't something I want to get used to.
Why not?
I don't know, it's just so pretty, and I don't want to be a tree for so long that  I get used to something like that.
    I get that. You should see the sunrises.
You should wake me up, to show me.
Ha! I'm rarely awake to see it. I've only seen it when I've been up late, wondering if I was ever going to become human again. Sad nights, you know?
    I do. Sadly. But, I think Trina will want to be a tree again. She was right, being human is exhausting.
    I agree.
Well, if you wake up in time for the sunrise, I'll be here.
Okay.
    Trina looked back up to the sky. Even at night, it was beautiful. She could see all the stars, some constellations, and a white stripe across the sky that never seemed to ever end. She thought it was called the Milky Way. Hazel never really paid much much attention in her classes. She could have watched the sky all night, but she soon grew tired and fell into her dormant state for the night.

A/n: heyyy if you like this and want Hazel to love life and be human then be sure to vote on his chapter and comment pretty much anywhere 💕