Lost Moments

He sat there, immobile by his lover's side for what felt like years, but what in reality was mere moments of passing time, his rough hands intertwined with the cold, comatose fingers of the unconscious blond. He drifted in and out of focus, trying to fight off the growing drowsiness that clung to his already sleep deprived mind as the ever present heart monitor beeped from the corner of the room, the clock still ticking away the moments in the back of his head. He snapped his head up again with a cutoff snore, scolding himself as he stretched over the back of his chair, yawning and running a hand through his messy strands of ink black hair, rubbing at the sting in his eyes.

"U-uncle Shota....*yawn* you should g-get some sleep...."

Aizawa looked up at the quiet voice, seeing Hitoshi staring at him with a half lidded eye, curled up in his chair with his hood flipped up, arms crossed over his chest and a tired look on his face as he stifled a yawn, readjusting himself.

"I'm pretty sure Yamada-sensei doesn't want to wake up to his boyfriend being a zombie." The tired boy mumbled with a yawn, making a weirded out face. "Man. I thought I would be used to that, but it just sounds so weird to say it out loud...."

The raven haired male snorted, chortling to himself as he watched Hitoshi get comfortable leaning back in his seat.

"Ya know what's weird? The fact that you've had a crush on Midoria since the sports festival."

Hitoshi jolted up with a horrified blush spread across his face, even his ears red as he stared at his smug looking uncle, an embarrassed expression in place.

"N-no I don't! Who told you that?! It's false information!! Was it Monoma?! Imma kick that little punk's copycat ass when I get my hands on him!!!!"

Aizawa leaned back in his seat, snorting.

"Just admit it, brat. Not so secretly, your actually as gay as I am and you got the hots for the skeleton man's secret love child." He stated matter-o-factly, a bored look hiding his amusement as Hitoshi stuttered in embarrassment, not meeting his uncle's eyes. The boy mumbled under his breath, making Aizawa chuckle as he leaned over and ruffled his hair affectionately. "Jeez, Toshi, I'm just messing with you."

Hitoshi swatted the man's hand away with a cross look, his arms crossed and his face buried in his hoodie, mumbling under his breath as Aizawa leaned back with a chuckle, running a hand through his hair. He yawned, stretching as pulled his chair closer to Hizashi's bed and laying his arms down on the surface, resting his head in the hollow he had created with a sigh.

Maybe for a few minutes.....

....I can sleep.....

He let his bloodshot black eyes slide closed as he drifted off, the world blurring at the edges.

....just a few minutes...
*********************************
"Shota...."

Wind whipped through his hair, stinging at his unshaved face and tearing at his baggy black jumpsuit.

"t-talk to me...."

He gulped down breath after desperate breath, his feet pounding against the unforgiving concrete rooftops, taking a leap and hitting the sidewalk running.

"T-tell me a story...."

His vision blurred red as he held the phone to his ear, his heart pounding and adrenaline coursing through his veins as the weak and bloodstained voice crackled softly through the receiver.

"please...just K-keep talking....to me..."

Panic tore at his chest and lungs, breath ragged as bloodshot black eyes roved over the darkened street, searching for any sign of the lanky blond male, the familiar voice he loved now taking on a tear filled and terrified turn as he slipped away.