Chapter Three

A visit to Empire was exactly what I needed to relax myself.

Ethan and I arrived at ten. As we walk up to the entrance of the tony night club, paparazzi took pictures of Ethan and I. We were ushered into the V.I.P section and served drinks all night. We made our way to the dance floor soon after we were served our third rounds of drinks. The music was amazing and we practically danced our worries away. We headed back to the bar at about twelve thirty to cool off for a while, we had a few more drinks and then I saw him. The guy from last night! I was so shocked and embarrassed; I honestly thought I would never see him again. I knew he was staring at me, the question was for how long? I wanted to stay longer and enjoy myself but I couldn't help but feel a sense of unease.
I moved closer to Ethan and place my head on his shoulder, caressed his face, everything! He just wouldn't take his eyes of me, it was like the more I did to make him think that Ethan and I were dating the more into me he seemed. Finally he got up and disappeared into the crowd, Ethan and I left right after.

"I've been dying to talk to you for the whole day!" Ethan said, entering my office.

"I know, I'm sorry. I'm just trying to sort out some paper work on the Cooper case. I know she's better off with her father but I feel terrible about taking her away from her mother. If only dad knows I took this case, he'll kill me!."

"Yep he would, 'Here at Blackman Chambers we handle commercial and criminal cases only not family drama!' "Ethan mimicked my father's words.

"Yep, that's my dad. Tough as nails and as hard as a rock!

"Why did you want to leave so soon last night when we were at Empire?" he asked out of the blue.

"Ummm, I saw him and he was staring at me, I don't know how long but from the looks of it was probably the whole night."

"Who?" he asked nonchalantly, I looked at him dead in the eyes and he realized I was referring to the guy from last Friday night.

"You saw him and you didn't tell me! How could you?"

"I-I didn't know what to do, I felt so embarrassed I thought I would never see him again," I protested.

"Yeah, you thought, and thanks to you I will never get to see what this guy looks like! Can you at least tell me his name?"

I lowered my head, I felt my cheeks turn red, "I don't know his name," I said almost inaudibly.

"You don't know his name!" By this time we both started laughing.

"Yeah, I don't but it doesn't matter because I will never see him again."

"Don't be so sure if he ran into you last week, who knows maybe you two may bump into each other again and this time you won't be able to avoid each other."

The office phone rang, I pressed the speaker button. "Miss Blackman, you have a client, his name is Mr. Reynolds."

I was puzzled I couldn't recall having a client by that name. "He says it's important that he needs to see you urgently."

"Alright let him in."

The door opened and my eyes widened at the sight ahead of me.
Ethan, who was still sitting at the edge of my desk, looked from my frozen body to the man standing in front of my door. My secretary quickly rushed back to her desk after ushering him into my office. Obviously she was busy running errands because she would usually stand in the room and offer her assistance.

Ethan stood up and shook hands with the gentleman and introduced himself.

"Hello Ms. Blackman, pardon me for not introducing myself the last time we met, I'm Andrew Reynolds." He flashed me a bright smile and my insides melted.