Chapter 1

8/15/16

"Yes, Mrs. Spencer. You are indeed pregnant." The red headed doctor says and turns towards me.

"Oh." I say. I can hear my heart beat through my ears and my mind races.

"Um... We can talk about your options if you would like... You don't look too happy..." Her huge eyes look to the side.

"Yes." I say, but quickly change my mind. "I mean no! No. Thank you for you time." I say and hurry out of the office.

It starts to rain as I drive home as I try to process the news. Shawn said he didn't want kids.

"Jules, you know I really do hate kids. I never want any. Do you?" He had said to me one day.

"Pshh never! You're all I ever need." I had replied, but deep down there was always a part of me that wanted to have kids.

"Good. As long as we both agree." He had said back. His words now violently ring through my ears.

_

I pull up in front of our little blue house and imagine a little child running around the front yard. I quickly shake the thought from my mind.

I take my things out of the car and walk inside.

Like I had feared, Shawn is already home from work at the Psych office.

"Jules!" He exclaims and hugs me once he sees me. "It's almost six, where were you?"

I take a deep breath before answering. "Dr. Nanson's office." I reply and walk into the kitchen. Shawn follows looking surprised.

"Isn't that the lady who delivers babies?" He questions.

"It is." I say, trying to even out my voice.

"Why were you there?" Shawn presses.

"Oh don't give me that crap! Stop being such an idiot! Why do you think I was there, Shawn?!" I yell at him. His eyes grow big and I stay quiet. He looks at me and doesn't blink.

"Are you trying to tell me you're pregnant?" He says without emotion in his voice. I pause.

"Yes." I say and I can feel tears coming for no reason. I turn away for one moment and when I look back Shawn's gone. I hear the door slam shut.

I race to the door and open it to see the poring rain. I see Shawn get into his car.

"Shawn! What are you doing?!" I scream even though I know he can't hear me through the thunder crashing everywhere.

I dash inside and run to the mantelpiece where our photographs stand in frames. I find all of the pictures of us:

There's one of us on our wedding day and throw it across the room. It hits the wall and smashes to the ground. I hear glass shattering.

I find the picture of us at Niagara Falls and throw it across the room too.

I find the picture of us at the SBPD two yeas ago and throw that one too.

I find the picture of us kissing at Lassiter and Marlowe's baby shower. I throw that one too.

I find us at Gus's wedding and throw that one too.

I find the last one of us hugging on our honeymoon and throw it as hard as I can across the room.

I lock all the doors and windows. I push the kitchen table in front of the door too.

Then, I put on my pajamas, make coffee, plop on the couch, block Shawn on twitter, and put on my favorite movie: Brother Bear.

This is going to be a long night.

Sorry if this is a little boring. It will get more interesting in like 4 chapters