Ch.9

Victor pov

Finally getting sometime to myself, I wondered away from my group and into town. The town had all kinds of shops but I was more interested in the docks. They didn't smell too good, but the view made up for that. I stood there leaning on the railing just staring at the water when a person said, "God, this place smells like rotten fish. How can you stand it?" I looked over to see none other the hieress herself. Her silver hair tied into a long ponytail, and her blue eyes were focused on me. I looked away and smiled, "I block out what I dont like." I said.

She walked over beside me and took in the sight. After a moment of silence, she cleared her throat and said, "Want to go get a coffee?" I smiled and said,"Sure." But I had spoken to soon because we heard a loud blast across town.

"What in the world?" Wiess said.

"Let's go find out." I said as we started to run toward the sound.

Ruby pov

Finally, after Penny put my down, we stood there and talked.

"Why are you all here?" Penny asked, Yang and Jaune stood over to the side laughing. "Just looking around." I said, stretching. Penny looked over at Yang and Jaune then said, "Are you here for the couples action tournament?" I tried not to laugh as Yangs eyes widened and Jaune looked really uncomfortable.

"There's a couples tournament here in town?" I asked. Penny smiled and said, "Oh yes, it's being held in the square right now."

"We should go check it out. Yang, you and Jaune could be in it together." I kidded. 

"Oh, we could win that, Ren!" Nora yelled as again she dragged her partner over to us.

"Really Nora?" He asked, seemingly annoyed.

"So let's go to at least watch." I said. Jaune nodded, but then his scroll started to beep. He withdrew it from his back pocket and gasphed.

"It's Pyrrha. She needs help." He said.

"Jaune.  Nora, you and I will go help Pyrrha. Penny, you and Yang and Ren will go watch that tournament. We will be back soon." I said as we turned.

Blake pov

I stood up and staired back at the man I once was on a team with and used to love.

"Adam?" Sun asked. The older man stared back at the blonde.

" He was my partner when I worked with the white fang." I said, trying to ease the tension between the two.

"Yeah. I came back to be in the tournament." Adam said, "But it is nice to see an old face."

Sun frowned, "Ok, well, you've seen her now. You can go." He said, standing in front of me.

Adam got in Suns face and gave an evil smile, " Jelouse much?" He asked. Sun took out his staff with a growl of anger.

"Let's settle this." Sun growled.

"Guys." I said my tone annoyed.

Adam took out his sword and smiked as he said, "Sure, as long as you dont mind losing that little tail of yours."

"Guys!" I yelled, but again, I was ignored. They were about to go at it when there was an explotion. I looked around and noticed it had come from the square in town. I ran not caring if Sun and Adam followed or not. But I wish I had known what was going to happen because if I did, I would have never moved.