Introduction

Boys, girls, love and hate, it all starts somewhere.

Ava Mai had always been sweet, good-natured, and studious. She used to have friends in elementary school until her jealous older sister decided that people liked Ava more than they liked her.

Evelyn "Evie" Mai was the embodiment of an evil step-sister, except she wasn't a step-sister. If it were up to Evie, she'd prefer no relation whatsoever, but alas they were biological sisters.

Evie made sure that all of the other kids stayed away from Ava by telling everyone in 3rd grade that Ava had lice and that she wet the bed every night. Neither of which was true, but it effectively led to the ousting of Ava from all social circles. No one wanted to invite a bed-wetter to their slumber parties, and no one wanted to sit near the girl with lice.

So began Ava's decision to keep to herself and not bother with friends. If she didn't let the other kids' teasing bother her, then she wouldn't get her feelings hurt and cry every night. She was a little girl, but she was over it. Instead, she would beg her parents to take her to the library, and she would read books to escape into an imaginary world. After a while, reading became therapeutical, and Ava became more of a loner and the class nerd.

But as the story goes, sometimes nerds have to grow up and participate in the real world. It only took an encounter with a devastatingly handsome jerk named Gabriel Giuliani to make her want to change. It was time to show the world that Ava Mai was not going to be a pushover and invisible. With the help of her new friend Justine, she was going to stop putting her head down and stand up for herself.

The problem was that Ava didn't know that Gabriel had reasons as to why he kept everyone else at arm's length. Would he ever let anyone outside of his secretive family know of the expectations to maintain the path set before him? Will others actually stop bullying Ava, and will Gabriel fall for Ava despite his inner struggles to not emotionally attach himself to anyone else? Or will Ava grow up, leave them all in their places, and move on?

___________________________________________________________________________

The story will begin in high school and I hope that it will lead to future editions in college and beyond. Growing up happens in all stages of life, and the events that change us also impact those around us. I'm thinking that the language that I use throughout Ava's story will change a little as she matures. It would make sense that her inner-monologue would be age appropriate for her stage in life.

Thanks to yepdazme59 for the intro suggestion. I hope it opens up the story well and that you readers will have an idea of where the story might go.

I'm a poor typist, so if there are errors, do your best to read through it and then notify me of the errors. I will try not to get offended if the suggestions are constructive. If you're only being completely negative, then my suggestion is to stop reading and move on to the next. No one is forcing you to read my story. Otherwise, I hope everyone else can relate to some of the thematics.

Enjoy!

Jules