Chapter 11

I'm listening to Wrapped Around Your Finger on repeat and so far it's 1 in the morning and I just wrote chapter 10 oh dear lord I'm not okay.

// m.c. POV (still) //

I was done moping around. I'm going to find that asshole and put him in his place and save what's left of my friends. I was walking around D.C. without a clue of where to go. I was just looking for something that might give me a clue to where they are hiding. Where can you shoot a gun without anyone hearing? All I know is that Ashton is in D.C.

Calum's bag was making my right arm sore from carrying, whatever he had in there, was heavy and most likely unneeded. But it's his things and I intend on bringing him out of there alive. Wherever he is, that is.

Maybe Ashton has him in an underground lair and Calum is suspended over a bunch of power-hungry sharks that haven't seen a meal in three days. Or maybe a bunch of bloodthirsty unicorns, like the ones from Supernatural, are circling around him - taunting him.

I shook my head to get rid of these insane thoughts. Ashton isn't cool enough to do those kind of things. Loser.

If anybody looked at me, I bet they'd assume I was kicked out of a place to stay pretty recently. I was tired and I could feel how red and tear-stained my cheeks were. I was struggling to carry two bags and I was looking around at everything. It was that or people assumed I was a gamer who has never seen the outside world until now. That seems more reasonable.

I bumped into a girl, with black hair and tan skin. She looked like Melany. But it wasn't. Melany would never wear something so... Colorful. I rushed away, trying not to look back and ask if it was Melany. Melany is gone now.

I'm not moping around, all I feel is my heart shuddering at the thought of Melany when I have an objective. Unfortunately, she'll have to wait. Wait until I find Calum.

I walked on, maneuvering through the crowd, making sure not to bump into anybody else. The White House was to the right of me. Many people stopped to take a picture of it, taking family photos and everything that went along with it. Must be nice doing things with your family.

Stop it, Michael. I was now at a constant war with myself. I wasn't just one person anymore. I was two personalities. And it annoyed me so much because one was drinking the poison and the other was dying because of it.

If the streets were empty I would scream until I collapsed onto the ground, unconscious forever.

But that wasn't going to happen. I had now dug myself into a deeper hole for not controlling these uncontrollable thoughts. Fuck it. Fuck it all.

I walked into the middle of the street.

So people walking in the middle of the street of D.C. wasn't unusual apparently. They all immediately stopped and I heard a guy who had his window rolled down sigh and say "not another one", I don't know if I should be freaked out or not.

I just waddled along, acting like nothing happened. A few tourists were spooked, but had no other choice but to move along.

My right arm was officially numb because of Calum's back pack. I wanted so badly to just throw it over a fence and abandon it but I know I'll find Calum.

Right then, I just remembered I put a tracker in Calum's shoe after the whole Luke incident, just incase he decided to search for him.

~~~

I wandered into MickyD's, trying to find a connection for the tracker. I had a map in hand and the tracking device Luke gave me to locate the tracker attached to Calum. Unfortunately, you needed Wi-Fi for this device, because it was homemade and we couldn't connect it to a satellite of our own. We don't have our own satellite.

I took advantage of their free Wi-Fi. Waiting painstakingly slow for it to locate Calum was boring and heart pounding at the same time. My right foot was tapping against the floor and my fingers fiddled with each other as I waited.

Minutes past and it was still calibrating, probably confused. But this handy dandy device has found Calum before, it can do it again.

It beeped three times. It found Calum. Calum was stationary in a huge building, it looked like. The red dot was surrounded by giant squares. I copied the address down and found the street, drawing a big circle in the area Calum was. This was it.

Putting away the device and pen and folding up the map, I stormed out the fast-food restaurant, flagging down a cab. I told the driver the address.

"Can't take ya there, pal. Sorry, but the place is abandoned. And I'm not gonna get in trouble for takin' ya there. You can walk but I doubt you know what you're getting yourself into." I got out the cab, kicking at the tires as he drove away from me. Bastard.

I unfolded the map, pulling out the pen and outlining a route to take by foot. It was a long ass walk.

It was tough to dodge people when my face was stuck on the map and above everyone else to see the signs, making sure I wouldn't miss a single turn.

The sun was already going down when I finally got to the address. It was a giant warehouse. No cars were in sight and no light was coming from it. There was only a red door that was cracked slightly open. I was beginning to think I got the wrong address.

That is, until I heard Calum calling for my name. But it was distorted, like before.

A/N crappy filler bUT HE FOUND CAL HAHAHAHA

wow this took an hour to write srsly

I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW MUCH YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO HATE ME

WHEN I SAY THIS IM NOT JOKING SERIOUSLY

Any theories?

I love feedback btw

-Sky