Prologue

The night was cold for a late summer night.

Charlotte hugged her baby as she walked through the cold streets following her childhood friend, Charles. They were both on the run and they had to finish their last mission before saying goodbye to everything they knew. 

"Do we really need to do this Charles?" Charlotte asked her best friend holding back the tears "She's barely a month old".

"Charlotte" he said stopping and turning to look at her with an apologetic smile "We've talked about this. She won't be safe unless we leave".

"They have already taken Ben away from me" Charlotte had been so busy running away for her life that she hadn't had time to mourn her now dead husband "I can't let them take my Rosalie away from me" Charles held her free hand and embraced her trying not to bother the young girl his best friend was carrying "They can't Charles, they just can't".

"We both know they can Charlotte. It's our job to save the world and our sacrifice will let your little girl and my boy live the life they deserve".

Both had lost everything. Their families, their homes, their lives.

Ever since they accepted to join part in the Marlowe case, they've been hunted down by the Black Glove organization.

Time travel, that's what they did for living. And their jobs came before everything else, it has always been like that.

After the discovery of time travel back in 1812, the seven houses of stone were formed.

Each house carried a precious stone that was passed through generations and allowed them to travel back in time. The House of Stone made sure time stayed as it should, while the Black Glove was constantly changing important events and causing chaos.

Richard Marlowe was the head of the organization and the seven houses chose the Ainsworths and Count Blackwood to chase him down. Unfortunately, Marlowe was ahead of them and caught them before they even had the chance to react.

Benjamin Ainsworth was killed in the attack leaving a heartbroken and very pregnant wife behind.

Blackwood managed to take Charlotte to safety and they have been on the run ever since.

"Charles?" she questioned him since he had lost himself in his own thoughts "What am I supposed to do?"

"We'll leave Rosalie here and then set back the time" as he said this a thunder was soon heard and it started pouring "Quick, we are close" he took her hand as she held her baby with the other one.

They arrive at an old building almost in ruins.

"I'll give you time to set goodbye" Charles told her and walked away giving her space. Charlotte had been through so much in such few time, and now she had to give up what she always pictured as her future.

"My little girl" she said as she drew circles on her daughter's cheek "I know you can't understand me, but-" Charlotte cleaned the rebel tear that had escaped her eye "I love you."

"Charlotte we have to go now" Charles yelled at her since he sensed Black Glove agents close "We have to go now"

She nodded her head and took the amethyst silver necklace off her neck and tugged it inside Rosalie's blanket. Then took a small envelope from her pocket.

Open on your sixteenth birthday.

It was all it said besides the date she was born.

"Be brave" Charlotte kissed her little girl one last time before knocking on the door and running under the the rain with Charles away to keep her safe.