Chapter Three

Violet

"Hey Vi, are you okay?" Anne said sitting on the desk next to mine.

Im half asleep, with a wrinkly uniform and bags under my eyes. Other than that I'm great.

"I'm great. How are you?"

"I'm doing fine, but seriously is there anything you want to talk about?" Anne was one of the few people I could stand in this school. What was there to talk about? I had a nightmare, that's it.

"Is there something you want to talk about Anne?" I asked her with raise eyebrow.

"I heard Vi" What is she talking about? "What happened to you last night?"

"What do you mean?" I was starting to feel uncomfortable. How could she know? She looked at me pitifully "Anne, what are you talking about?"

"You seriously don't remember?" she asked surprised and I shook my head "Amelie found you knocked out on the front patio"

I took my hand to my chest where the amethyst necklace was. I haven't taken it off just in case.

"I had a weird nightmare last night that ended with me in the front patio" I shrugged not giving it much importance "Guess I was sleepwalking" I turned to look at the front of the class since the teacher had began explaining.

She stared at me for a minute before I turned my head to face her.

"Yes Anne?" I whispered since I couldn't get detention, again.

"What was your nightmare about?" I internally rolled my eyes.

"I was locked up in some sort of asylum. It's not big deal"

"Okay" she sighed "Will talked later"

"Whatever" I tried to focus in class but it was worthless. My mind kept spinning all around my dream and how it felt so real.

***

"Do you want to know what I found out about your dream?" Anne asked placing her lunch tray in front of mine.

"Why can't you be like Elsa?" I asked and she frowned confused "Let it go"

"That's not funny Vi" she complained trying to hide a smile "Since you don't want to know I'm telling you anyway" I rolled my eyes but kept listening "Apparently this place was an asylum way before turning into a boarding school"

"Great, do you know when was it still an asylum?" it intrigued me. "What if my nightmare wasn't a nightmare at all?"

"It was built in the 1800s" I sighed in relief "And it closed down around 1920" This can't be happening. The guard that chased me around in my dream was dressed like they did in the 20s and some rooms seemed empty. "Violet are you even listening?"

"I'm sorry Anne"

"I was asking what are we doing for spring break." Spring break, right. It's that time of the year where my whole class goes to Miami to get drunk and laid.

"We aren't doing anything." I said pointing in our direction "I'm going to catch up with the last season of Grey's anatomy"

"Fine" she groaned in defeat since there was no way I was changing my mind. Nobody, and I mean nobody can get me away from Alex Karev. "But you're going shopping with me after class. I need a new outfit"

***

After lunch I headed to my room and changed my skirt into a pair of black jeans. It usually gets pretty cold and even rains so I grabbed my leather jacket and walked out of the building.

I jogged down the concrete stairs and crossed the iron gate until I reached the sidewalk.

"Where are you Anne?" I asked myself as I waited for my friend. She said she was picking me up in her car before heading to the central market.

That's when I saw it. A sliver BMW approaching me.

"Get in loser we're going shopping" Anne said from inside her expensive car.

"You're not Regina George Anne" I said rolling my eyes, "Get over it"

"Screw you Greer" she responded with a small laugh as she speed up.

***

"Why are we here?" I asked as Anne dragged me in between the customers.

"Because I like buying stuff for myself" she said and I rolled my eyes for the fifth time in an hour "You should show it. It's pretty" I was confused. What was she talking about? "The necklace" she pointed at my neck where I realize I was still wearing the locket.

"Can I just wait in the car?" I asked my best friend since we have been in this market for hours. She nodded and I turned on my heels.

That's when I bumped into a very hot blonde.

"I'm sorry" I apologized with a small laugh.

"Watch where you're going" he shouted at my face. Rude much?

"I said I was sorry" I repeated much more less polite than before. My honey brown eyes got fixed into his blue ones but something else got his attention, my chest. Is he kidding me? "Ugh, you are gross"

I walked away from him and started heading to the car. But then I had this weird feeling as if someone was following me.

I turned around to see the rude blonde a few feet away from me.

Is he following me? Was all I could think of but I brushed it off.

It was possible that he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time so I kept walking. The feeling of someone following me was still haunting me so I turned around, there he was again.

Why am I even getting nervous? I never get nervous and I happened to know self defense.

I kept walking in the opposite direction from Anne's car into a narrow street.

He thinks he can scare me off by acting like a stalker? Not today Satan.

I reached an intersection and turned right. I laid my back on the building wall as I waited. There happened to be many branches because of the recent prunings, so I took one just in case.

I felt someone walking in my direction and the only thing I was capable to do was lift one of the bigger branches and hit him in the stomach pushing him to the floor.

"Bloody hell"