Part 7

"I want to do to you what spring does to cherry trees..." – Pablo Neruda

Jennie casually strolled by and hitched at the lit classroom. It was nearing the evening and campus was mostly still. She made her way inside.

She allowed herself to just admire her. She looked even more angel like underneath the evening sky. She wanted to reach out and touch her but spoke instead.

"Rosé,"

"Yes Ms Kim," the girl didn't turn.

"It's getting late sweetheart," it came out naturally.

"Don't worry about me Ms Kim," she mixed some paint.

But Jennie couldn't help but see the emerging stars in the sky and glance at the ghostly hallways.

"Let me take you home," she offered.

"No thank you Ms Kim," she moved the brush along the canvas. Jennie pouted.

Is she angry with me?

"Well, is anyone going to come pick you up?"

Rosé finally turned to face her and the brunette met her back with a concerned pout. She heard footsteps in the hall but turned back to see Rosé packing up her things.

A hand gripped her shoulder and a friendly old face smiled at her.

"Hey Jen, you need anything," said Mrs Koo. Jennie shook her head at the art teacher. Nodding the woman turned to Rosé.

"You ready Chae?" Jennie blanched at hearing the girl's Korean name. She hardly heard anyone use it.

"Yes mam," Rosé fiddled to take off her apron.

"Chae's been helping me with the art work for the junior's play. Says it's an apology for the little disagreement some weeks ago," Mrs Koo smirked in admiration at the young woman

"Even though it was mainly blondies fault," the old woman switched off the light and said they'd walk out with Jennie.

Rosé licked her lips slowly as she waited for Jennie to exit first. The older woman looked away as she stepped outside. Mrs Koo told them to hurry up. Jennie didn't know what to do as they silently made their way to her.