Chapter Five

Vanessa

I looked at my outfit and smiled at it I hope Kenrich likes it and thinks I'm sexy. Rumor has it that he found his mate but I'm going to show him that I'm better then his mate. I walked out of my and down the hall, down a few stares until i found a girl that I've never seen before.

I walked up to her "who are you?" I asked the girl turned around and smiled at me "hi I'm Winter" she said i nodded "Vanessa so Winter were are you up to?" I asked she looked at me weird when I said her name but then that look went away. 'Yea thought so bitch' said this is why I love my wolf "well I'm looking for Kenrich" she explained. I growled "it's Alpha Kenrich to you" I said she looked at me weird but then nodded "follow me." I told her but when i walked passed her I smelt something different something awful.

Then it came to me I turned to her and bared my teeth "vampire" I said. Winter looked at me weird I grabbed her arm and dug my nails into it. I dragged her to Kenrich's office i threw open the door and threw Winter onto the floor. with blood all over her arm Kenrich stood up and looked at Winter then me "what the hell was that for?" He asked walking over to her and helping her up. "Why are you helping her? She's a vampire" I said shocked at what he's doing "no she's not she was with a vampire for the past week." he said "well who is she and why did you bring her here?" I asked pissed now Kenrich sighed "because she's my mate."

Kenrich P.O.V.
"Alpha?" a voice asked I looked up to see Vanessa at the door I tried to hold in a growl. I told the Bashar and Thad not to tell anyone who we think helped with Winter's kidnapping. But I told them to keep on eye on Vanessa and Orin.
"What do you want? I'm busy" I said as I looked over the notes from Bashar of what he found out about the Vampires. "It's been two weeks since Winter has been gone. Why don't you just give up on her and be with me" Vanessa said as she walked closer to the desk. I quickly hid the notes not wanting her to know that we are on to her.
"Just go or I'll get Thad to make you leave," I said annoyed opening my laptop and looking at the security cameras around the pack grounds. I heard her huff and walk out of the room slamming the door behind her. I took the notes back out along with the map of the Vampire Kingdom.
The door opened once again I looked up to see Bashar and Thad walk in "have you read over the notes?" Bashar asked I nodded "yeah are you sure this is bullet proof? We only have one chance to do this" I said they nodded. "Yes sir," Thad said I nodded "okay get the worriers and trackers it's time we get my mate," I said.
Winter P.O.V.
Even though I'm a prisoner they treat me... somewhat well. I get fed three times a day but that's about it. I'm always locked in this room. All I know this that I've been here for two weeks maybe more. I tried counting the days but it got hard. I know Ken will come find me he did once and I know he will again. I just hope sometime soon. Bertoldo has been coming in here more and more every day it's starting to scare me sometimes he will even sleep in this room with me.
I don't feel comfortable and I need my Ken to save me. I heard the door unlock I looked up to see a worried Despoina with her two children rushing in. I gave them a confused look "what's going on?" I asked as the kids sat on the couch "your fu... freaking werewolf is here" Desponia said I looked at her shocked yet happy. He really did come for me. "I wouldn't have high hopes if I were you my husband will destroy him," Desponia said as she held her kids to her but I caught the worry in her voice.
I got out of bed and walked over to the window to see a full blown war. I could see wolves and vampires I was shocked this is all because of me. I don't know what to feel happy for sad happy because Ken's pack is willing to risk their lives for me or sad because they are risking their lives for me.
"I would feel special if there was a war about me," Desponia said. I turned around and looked at her "what if the person that you want to win doesn't?" I asked Desponia shrugged "doesn't matter I'll go with whoever wins," she said as she pets her daughters head. I looked at her weird but looked back out of the window.
After a while, the war cleared up leaving dead wolves and vampires everywhere. There were more dead vampires on the battlefield. The door was slammed opened I turned around to find Bertoldo running in. "you're not safe here" he said breathing hard with blood running down his face. "Go run and bring the kids with you," he said as he kissed his wife and kids.
They then ran out of the room as Bertoldo stayed in the room with me watching the door. I watched him confused but then the door was opened again and in came Ken. I looked at him with tears in my eyes not believing that my Ken has come to save me. "Give me my mate back" Ken growled as Bertoldo held me to him. I was trying to wiggle out of Bertoldo's arm but all a sudden everything went black.
"Winter?" I heard a male voice I opened my eyes and looked around confused until I spot Ken sitting on the bed next to me. I gave him a weak smile "hey you" I said he smiled at me I could see tears forming in his eyes.
"What's wrong?" I asked worried "I thought I lost you, princess," Ken said as he pulled me towards him. I cuddled into his side missing him "I never want to be apart from you ever again." I whispered Ken pulled me closer "this will never happen again" he whispered.
"Winter I need you to tell me who helped Bertoldo," Ken said as he turned serious. "It was Vanessa," I said Ken looked pissed than his eyes went dark after a few seconds Ken got out of bed I looked at him confused. "Sally will be right in she's worried about you I have a few things to take care of," Ken said then we left the room. I watched him walk out than the door opened again and Sally walked in with a tray of food.
She placed the tray on my bedside table and sent me a small smile "how are you feeling?" she asked I smiled at her "I'm just glad that I'm home" I said Sally sat down next to me. "How was it here without me?" I asked curiously Sally looked sad "lonely you could tell everyone was devastated but didn't want to show it they wanted to be strong for their Alpha. Ken locked himself in his office trying to figure out how to get you back. He was also having his beta and head warrior watch Vanessa and some other girl" Sally explained.
The door opened and Ken walked in with Vanessa and two guards "Winter baby I want you to pick Vanessa's punishment" Ken said as he walked over to me. I looked at him confused "what do you mean?" I asked "for the crimes she committed not just agents her Luna but her Alpha," Ken said glaring at Vanessa. "Ken Vanessa isn't a wolf," I said he looked at me confused "what do you mean?" Ken asked "Bertoldo told me that he bought Vanessa. She's a slave but he gave her a potion that she has to take every week to be like a wolf" I explained Ken looked over at a Vanessa.
"A slave she is a slave she will be" Ken growled. "Take her away," Ken told the guards they bowed down and left the room with a crying Vanessa. "I'll be going," Sally said as she walked out of the room. I looked over at Ken and began to think he has saved me twice and I'm thankful for that. But then again I'm just a human and I can't fulfill being Luna to a werewolf community.
"Ken I have a question," I said he looked over at me "yes hun?" he asked, "will you ever change me?" I asked ken looked at me confused "what do you mean?" he asked "well I thought if you change me then we will have an easier life. I can fulfill my Luna duties and I can bare you strong pups." I explained a bit shyly looking everywhere and anywhere but at Ken. "I don't think I can do that," Ken said I looked up at him confused "why?" I asked "when a werewolf turns someone almost every time they don't survive and I can't lose you," Ken said as he took my hand in his.
"At least think about it" I whispered to him as I laid my head down on his shoulder. "I will" he whispered the door opened and a guy walked in that I haven't seen before. "We found all the options that were given to her and they are all gone sir," the man said "good... Bashar have you met my mate Winter?" Ken asked "no sir I have not," Bashar said only making eye contact with Ken.
"Winter baby this is my best friend and Beta Bashar" Ken introduced I looked up at the tall man and smiled at him. "Hello," I said he smiled back at me "hello little luna... well I'll let you love birds be with each other I'll make sure no one bothers the both of you," Bashar said as he bowed down and left.