Chapter Eleven

Ken P.O.V.

It has been a few days since Orin has told me about this guy she's working for. The doctor has been looking for a cure. She found what type of potion that was given to Winter it will take 5 minutes until the poison kills her. The whole pack is trying their best to help their Luna. Every night I would give Winter medicine that will help her feel a little better so she can sleep better.

It kills me knowing that she's in pain and there's nothing I can do to take her pain away. Every time I see her I'd ask Winter if there's anything I can do for her. She gives me the same answer "cuddles" I'm fine with it but I just wish there's something more I can do for her.

I was busy doing paperwork that I didn't notice Thad walk in "Alpha!" Thad shouted I looked up at him with an annoyed look "what?" I asked "we found the guy," he said then a few guards walked in caring a guy handcuffed in silver.

I took out the same potion that I used on Orin and poured a drop on his lips. He looked at me with a glare "sit him down" I said as I sat down in my chair behind my desk. Bashar pulled up a chair from the corner of the office and sat down the guy.

"You're going to tell me why you are after my mate," I said. The guy he smirked at me "I won't tell you anything" he said I looked at him with a smirk of my own "wanna bet?" I asked he looked at him a bit confused but Bashar was also smirking at the guy knowing what I did.

"Why are you after Winter?" I asked he gave me a look before answering "the day I saw her at the auction house I fell in love. I was going to try and buy her but then you and some stupid Vampire announced that you are her mates. I didn't have the chance to make her mine. I've spent a while trying to figure out who has her you or the Vampire. Once I finally found out who has her I looked for your most unfaithful pack member and when I found her my plan was set. Once you thought she was dead I would sneak in and take her and make her mine."

I growled not liking what he said but I needed to know why he was after my mate. "Is there anyone else after her?" I asked "no not what I know of" he growled, "where's the potion that will make Winter better?" I asked it took him a while to reply looked like he was trying to fight off the potion but it was too strong for him. "I never leave the house without it... it's in my jacket" he growled. Thad walked up to him and looked through his jacket until he found a small bottle with black liquid in it.

"No that's not it that's the poison that was given to Winter," Mace said. Thad gave me the poison and I put it in a secret drawer in my desk. Thad went back looking until he found it. A smaller bottle with clear liquid Thad gave it to me. I gave it to the Doctor I mind linked her when Mace was telling us why he had Winter poisoned. She took the bottle and left my office.

"Take him to the same cell that Orin is in," I said the guards nodded and left with Mace. "Go see Winter make sure she's safe" Bashar said I nodded and left. I walked into my bedroom to find Winter sitting up in our bed eating a sandwich and smiling at Abree. I smiled at my mate happy to see her up and healthy.

"Hey beautiful," I said she looked up at me and smiled. "Hey there handsome you found my attacker," Winter said with a smirk I laughed and walked over to her. Once Winter was done eating Abree took her plate and left the room. I sat next to Winter and pulled her closer to me.

"Some pack members have been asking me if we completed the mating process I asked them what it is and they told me... Ken, I want to complete the mating process" Winter told me. I looked down at her shocked "are you sure?" I asked leaning down to her she smiled and nodded.

I leaned down and kissed her wanting her lips back on mine. Loving the feeling of having her lips on mine having her body back on mine. I crawled on top of Winter but making sure that I don't crush her. When we pulled away from the kiss Winter smiled at me. "I love it when you are on top of me" I smirked at her and started to kiss her jaw going down to her neck kissing her mark and began to go lower.