Chapter Ten

Ken P.O.V.
Today is the day that Winter and I will be seeing her wolf. Right now Winter is in the shower she's leaving the hospital room today and coming back to my or our room. Every night since Winter has been awake I would sleep in here with her. The only down thing is that there's no TV so every night I would to Winter before bed.

"Ken?" I heard Winter's voice I looked up from where I was and looked up to see Winter in nothing but a towel. It took everything in me not to pounce on her. "Yes?" I asked "I need my clothes" Winter said looking at the pile of clothes on the bed. I got up off the chair I was sitting on next to the window and walked over to the bed. I picked up her clothes and handed them to her.

"Thanks, babe," Winter said she leaned in for a kiss I didn't hesitate to kiss her back. We pulled away then Winter walked into the bathroom to get dressed. A few minutes later Winter walked out I smiled at her "ready to meet your wolf?" I asked Winter looked up at me and I could tell she's nerves but nodded. I walked over to her and took her hand "let's go" I whispered.

We walked out of the pack house and made our way to the woods. We walked through the woods until I know that no one can see us. "Alright, you'll have to strip unless you want to shred your clothes," I said Winter looked at me a bit hesitant but then she started to strip.

After she was fully naked I had to look away so I don't pounce on her.
"Do I look okay?" Winter asked I looked at her in the eyes. "No baby I just don't want to pounce on you," I said Winter smiled at me and nodded "now what?" she asked "think of a wolf four legs, the snout, the fur," I said. Winter nodded and before I knew it she was turning into a wolf. I could hear her cries of pain it killed me knowing that I couldn't help her.

After a few minutes, Winter turned into a beautiful wolf. "Wow," I whispered as I walked towards her. I walked up to her and bent down to her size. "You are beautiful," I said she looked up at me. I stood up stripped from my own clothes and turned into my own 'Let's run' I mind linked Winter she looked at me and nodded. I took off with Winter following me.

We ran for a while until Winter got tired not being used to her wolf form. We found a I walked around making sure that there's no sign of harm. Once I found nothing I walked back over to her and laid down. Winter laid down next to me and into me.

Winter P.O.V.

Ken and I walked into the pack house after our run. "How was the first run?" Bashar asked as we walked into the living room "amazing" I said with the biggest smile. I looked away from Ken to find Abe sitting on Bashar's lap I gave them a confused look "what's going on here?" I asked with a smirk appearing on my face.

"I found my mate," Bashar said as he pulled Abe closer to me. I looked over at Abree to find her looking at the boys with the biggest smile ever. "When did you guys find out?" Ken asked "while you guys were on your run," Abe said. I nodded my head then the big question popped up "will you change him?" I asked Bashar and Abe looked at each other then back to me.

"No Abe told me he doesn't have the need to be a wolf and I don't want to risk it." Bashar said I nodded my head "sounds fair" I told them. "Well, we will let you love birds be," I said as I took Ken's hand and left the room.

Ken P.O.V.
It has been a few hours since Winter and I have gotten back from our run. She has been off who knows where with Abree but she would mind link me once in a while to check in. The last time we talked she's watching Tangled with Abree.

"Alpha" Bashar ran into my room with a panicked look. I quickly stood up scared for what's going to happen "what?" I asked he looked up at me with a frightened expression. "The Luna has been poisoned," Bashar said Once he said that my world stopped I just got her back and I already lost her. "Take me to her" I demanded he nodded and rushed out of the room with me hot on his tail.

Bashar brought me to Winter's and my room I walked past him and into our room "Winter?" I whispered the doctor looked at me and smiled. "She's alive but barely I'm trying the best I could to get the poison out of her." She told me I nodded and walked on the other side of the bed.

I sat down and took Winter's hand in my own she weakly looked up at me and smiled "baby what happened?" I asked "Winter and I was watching Tingled we got hungry so we went to the kitchen. The cook told us that he will have someone bring us our food when it was done. After Winter took a bit she started to get sick so I got the pack doctor" Abree said as she sat down next to me on the bed.

I looked away from her and back to Winter. I looked in her eyes and I could tell she's scared. "Shh baby it's okay I'm here I wont let anyone hurt you" I whispered she sent me a weak smile. "I won't let go this time" Winter whispered as she kissed my hand I smiled at her knowing that I have a strong mate.

"She's stable for now she will need bed rest. I gave her some medicine that will knock her out it will help her body get rid of the poison." The doctor said I smiled a thankful smile to her she nodded and left along with everyone else.

I looked down at Winter to find her fast asleep. I leaned down near her ear "I promise you I'll find out who did this" I whispered then kissed her four head before I left our room. I ordered a guard to stay outside our bedroom. I don't want anyone inside that room unless I give them permission.

"Who do you think it could be?" Bashar asked as he sat down on the couch in my office. "Bring Orin into my office," I told him he gave me a confused look but nodded. He stood up and left the office I put my head in my hands wanting this all to just be over. All I want is Winter and I to be a couple without anyone wanting to kill or take her away from me. "Here she is sir" I looked up to find Bashar bringing into my office.

"I have some questions for you" I said as I took out a bottle from my desk drawer she and Bashar looked at it weird. "This liquid is a spell to make someone tell the truth Orin you are to take a drop of this is not then I know you are guilty. You will be thrown in the cells" I said in my Alpha voice.

Orin looked at me then to the bottle in my hand. "I poisoned her but I was made to," Orin said I looked at her confused "made?" I asked "I won't tell anymore," she said I looked at Bashar and he nodded. He held Orin tighter and closer to him she started to struggle to get out of his hold but he's to strong for her. I walked up to her opened the bottle and poured a drop on her lips.

She looked at me with a glare "his name is Mace he has had his eyes on Winter ever since he first laid eyes on her action day. He's been trying to find a few to get her he told me to poison her so when you all think she's dead he can slip in and take her. The poison that he gave her isn't a normal poison it makes a person dead like then they are given a special potion to take the poison away." Orin said "take her to the cell and make sure there's a guard watching her at all times" I told Bashar he nodded and took Orin away. I walked out of my office and made my way to the pack doctor to talk about this new information that I found out.