7

Excuse the mistake! Enjoy. :)

---

7

“Forget the risk and take the fall. If it’s meant to be, then it’s worth it all.” – Unknown.

It’s a Sunday morning. The whole week of school is a bit awkward between Dylan and I. Of course, Drew saved us again from Sarah. He told her a different story. I don’t know why he kept on covering for us like he knows what happened. But as promised before we separated, I’ll tell him what really happened.

I looked at myself at the mirror ready for meeting Drew and Dylan at the coffee shop for their lunch break. I grabbed my phone and my purse and when down the stairs. I walked to the kitchen which is the third time since I got here and grabbed a toast that Helen has prepared for me.

“Your mother is requesting you to her study. I believe it’s important.” Clinton said.

I smiled. “Good morning to you too, Clinton” I greeted as I took a bite of my toast and walking out of the huge kitchen.

I walked to my mom’s study and knocked properly. “Open” her voice said behind the closed doors. I opened the door and sat on one of the arm chairs.

“Hey, what’s up?” I asked crossing my legs and finishing the toast.

My mom looked at me irritated. “Your behavior, please Lena. Just this once let’s have a proper conversation.” She asked.

I sat properly, cleared my throat and removed the bread crumbs that fell on my jeans. “Sorry” I apologized. “What’s the agenda?” I asked.

She stood up and walked towards me with her arms folded on her chest. “As per tradition, my family has been a very great contributor here in Ridgetown. My family, which is your ancestors, built this small town and pretty much helped it grow.”

I nodded. “Oh, I know now. The great Founder’s Day Ball.” I said.

My mother nodded in agreement. “Yes, but this time, we are not having a ball. We are having a fundraising party this Wednesday in line with Ridgetown’s annual Thanksgiving week which is a town no-school and no-work week.”

“Is dad invited?” I asked. As much as I’ve been a jerk to him, I miss him.

My mom pursed her lips. “Yes, of course. But I sure hope that he could come.”

“Oh” I respond in a disappointed tone. “Business and stuffs”

“Yes, but darling, he’s doing all this for you.” She said squatting in front of me holding my hands.

I nodded. “I have to go and be somewhere.” I stood up and let go of her hands putting all the strength I have to not drop a single tear.

This family is full-on drama mode. Every. Single. Day.

“I’ll be out with some friends. I’ll text you or Joe or Clinton when I’ll be home.” I said.

She nodded and stood up. She cleared her throat. “Your dress will be here Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning. I’ll make Helen hang it on your closet.”

I nodded before I left.

When I walked out of the house, I saw a black Lamborghini Aventador parked on the driveway with a huge red ribbon hanging. I walked towards it and I saw a bond-paper-sized tag.

It wrote: I know how you love cars. Here is an addition to your collection. I miss you and I’m sorry. Love, Dad.

I have a big collection of cars at Weston City. And unlike other rich girls there, I don’t collect hand bags, clothes or shoes – but I have many of those – I collect cars. I participated in some of the illegal races there and I won most of it. That’s one of the reasons besides the partying why I go home late or sometimes even don’t go home.