Thirteen.

It was the longest 3 minutes I had to wait. My mind was filled with so many what ifs. I knew if I was pregnant we would financially be able to take care of the baby. But Braden was known for being wishy washy with his feelings towards me. What if he tried to put me and the baby out?

"You ready?" Braden asked sitting on the bed beside me.

"You think it's done?" I asked.

"We waited long enough. You want me to check it?" He offered.

"It's fine I got it." I replied.

I walked into the bathroom and on the kitchen sink sat my pregnancy test. As soon as I went into the bathroom I could sense what the test was without reading it.

I felt my stomach and looked down at the pink plus. We were having a baby.

I covered my mouth and cried. But they were happy tears. During my first pregnancy, I was a reckless mess and I didn't know what I wanted. When I decided that I did want to be a mom, it was too late.

Now I knew that I was ready, and that I wanted to keep the baby.

Braden must've heard me crying because he came in the bathroom. "If it's negative it's fine. We can always try again."

I turned to face him and I smiled at him. "It's positive. We're pregnant !"

His beautiful eyes lit up and he came over to hug me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and allowed him to pick me up. He squeezed me tightly and for a second it felt like he was going to cry.

"I'm really bout to be a dad. Damn I'm getting old. I gotta tell Zain." He said taking me into the bedroom.

"Babe, you can tell him but let's wait until the second trimester to tell our family. I just wanna play it safe ." I told him.

He sat me down and nodded. "Let's go feed my son."

I laughed and rolled my eyes. "Our daughter?"

"Nah it's my son. I can tell. I can feel it."

I laughed again and playfully pushed him. "I'm going to stop by the shop and tell Rocky. Do you wanna come?"

"Nah. Ima order you some food then head over to the trap."

I went up and kissed his lips. "I'll see you in a bit baby daddy."

Braden gave me the keys to his Dodge Charger and waited for Zain to come pick him up. I got inside and drove to the boutique. My body felt so light but anxious at the same time.

I'm really pregnant. Again.

I thought me and Braden would never get back together. And I didn't think we'd be starting a family together. This time I knew we were both ready.

When I got to the boutique I was happy to see Daina's car out there too.

"Hey stranger I haven't seen you in a while!" Daina greeted me from behind the register.

Rocky came out of the back with a pile of clothes in her hands and she shook her head. I knew Ray told her what happened.

I nervously smile and greet Daina with a hug. I could tell that Rocky was mad at me. She's bout to be even more mad when she finds out I'm pregnant.

"What's up?" I said to them.

"Nothing I just came over because I was off today. We were just catching up. I heard you enrolled in beauty school." She tells me.

Oh yeah. For a second I forgot I was in school. My mind has been all over the baby.

"Yeah..." I laughed and looked over to Rocky.

"So what happened between you and Ray. He told me you cheated on him." She said.

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't cheat on him..." I lied.

They both stared at me, knowing I was lying.

"Okay I did. But I gave a good reason. He was being mad shady on my birthday."I told them.

"Well who is the guy you cheated on him with?" Daina asked.

I sigh and  looked down at my pink Rolex. Rocky sighed. "It was Braden. And Ray caught her with hickies."

I looked up and mugged her. "Well damn rocky why you sound so shady ."

"Because I told you a million times to leave Braden alone! He put his hands on you Heather. And he kicked you out. And had women running in and out of your house! Bitch are you that dumb!?" She snapped.

"Rocky calm down. She's grown she can make her own decisions." Daina defended me.

"Why are you so damn butt hurt about my decisions! It's my life!" I snapped back.

"Because you were making progress! You were doing good with your life. Ray was going to propose to you and your hoe antics got in the way of that!" Rocky yelled.

My chest got tight and my blood was boiling.

"I'm a hoe because I'm in love? I love him, Rocky. He makes me happy! Why can't you see that!?" I said crying. Damn I didn't want to cry. Daina looked at Rocky and shook her head.

"The problem is that your in love. When your in love your blind to the bullshit. You look dumb. And I've done nothing but help you and you make me look dumb by going back to him." Rocky continued.

"Well damn bitch what else you got to get off ya chest?" Daina said dry as hell. She shook her head at Rocky.

"Maybe I am dumb for taking him back. Maybe I am dumb for being in love with him. But I know that he truly does love me. You only know the bad in our relationship. We have a lot of good times and honestly the good out ways the bad. You don't have to understand my feelings for him. Neither one of you do. But as my best friends just accept the fact that he makes me happy!" I said crying.

Rocky stood their quietly. And Daina looked like she was stuck.

"I'm pregnant too. By Braden. And I'm keeping the baby." I announced and then I turned and walked away.

I was done with Rocky. I don't care if she was trying to be honest with me or what ever. She doesn't know how it feels to be in my shoes. She doesn't know anything about my relationship.

I tried not to let it get to me because I really want to keep my baby and be a mom. I called Braden to tell him how my trio go the boutique went but as soon as he answered I started crying.

I knew he didn't really like my friends and that this would make their relationship worse but I didn't care at this point. I felt like they were in there talking about me behind my back. I felt like I was being targeted.

Why was she so mad that I chose Braden over Ray? It was always going to be Braden.

Braden listened to everything I told him on the phone. His tone was gentle and caring which made it easier for me to calm down.

"I don't want you to be upset baby. And I don't want you to drive while your upset." He tells me.

"I- I'm okay." I said breathing heavily. I swear I was only crying this hard because I'm pregnant. Normally Rocky would've gotten aired out.

"You want me to come get you?" He asked.

"It's okay. I'll just see you when you get home." I told him.

"Okay. I love you." He tells me.

"I love you too." I said and then we hung up.

I say in the car and cleaned myself up. I had to keep telling myself to breath and not be mad. I didn't know far into my pregnancy I was, but I knew I was still high risk of losing the baby.

I don't care what Rocky or Daina thought about me anymore. Why can't they just be happy for me? Or encourage me to go after the person I love? I'd do it for them and I done it in the past. Maybe Rocky really had something against Braden or she knew something that I didn't know.