Ten.

Happy birthday 22 birthday babe! I really wish I was there to shower you in gifts right now but I'm at the office. I'll pick you up from work today and may our magical day began...

I smiled at the cute message Ray sent me this morning. For it to be my birthday it sure as hell didn't feel different then any other day. I didn't plan any party or gathering for my birthday because I knew Ray wanted to take me out and treat me to something nice.

However, I thought a lot about the conversation I had with him the other night. It really inspired me to do something with my life so that I could make goals for myself. Infect, I did come up with a goal.

To cosmetology school. In fact, I was enrolling today!

I applied online a couple nights ago, and Kim reached out to me. She was one of the teachers at the school and she offered to meet up with me today.

"What are you planning on getting licensed in?" She asked.

"I'm interested in everything from hair to makeup and eyelash extensions." I announced.

She did some typing on her computer and nodded her head. "We have two seats available but our classes will be starting next week. If you wish to hold your place then you have to put a deposit down today."

Damn. I didn't plan on putting down a bunch of money today. Braden wasn't taking care of me anymore and I refuse to let Ray take care of me. I had big girl bills now like paying my rent and providing for myself. Rocky paid me good but it wasn't that good. I wasn't rich or anything. But I really did want to go to this school. And I wanted it badly. Part of me wanted to wait until I could make extra money to cover for the class.

"I can pay for it today it's fine. Do you take cash or card?" I asked her. I was done sitting around and watching my friends make something of themselves. I wanted to have stuff going for me too.

"We prefer card, checks or money orders." Kim told me.

I nodded and couldn't help but to smile. I dig into my purse and handed over my bank card to her. She swiped it and entered a few information into her computer before handing it back.

"Alright congratulations Heather you've been admitted. Orientation will be Monday morning at 7:30. If you come late you will be kicked from the program and there are no refunds.."

Damn.

"Class will be held Tuesdays to Thursday this week because of orientation but the following week it'll be Monday to Thursday. Any questions?" Kim asked.

"Do I have to bring anything?" I asked her.

She went into her desk and pulled out a packet. "This is a syllabus that'll cover everything that we'll be learning. It also tell you the supplies you'll need for each day and also how much they equipment will cost. You can buy your makeup kit on orientation."

I nodded and took the paper for her. It was kinda thick. Who would've thought I'd need all this for just cosmetology school. It made me low key give props to the people who were already licensed . This will definitely be a journey."

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEATHER!!!" Rocky screamed when I walked into the boutique.

She ran from the register up to me and hugged me. I smiled and hugged her back. "Thanks boo. It doesn't even feel like my birthday." I confessed.

"I gave you the day off today. Go home , get some sleep, and have some bomb birthday sex." She tells me.

I laughed and rolled my eyes. "Ya girl just enrolled in Empire beauty school. So I need all the hours I can get." I held up my packet that Kim gave me.