3

Omkara raised his brows, looking at her stern face, he knew she was keen on her decision, who was he even supposed to intervene in their decision? his brother was stubborn and so was Annika

"You sure?"

"What Annika is sure about om?" Annika slightly peeked above from Omkara's shoulder to see shivaay coming towards them.

Omkara got up to look at shivaay with raised brows. "You know, you can talk to her about this"

Shivaay's eyes followed Annika who gave him a dejected look. Omkara pressed his lips together forming in a thin line, he would never understand what the both wanted from each other, in a corner of his heart, he wished to see them together.

Annika's eyes caught shivaay's who sat right in front of her. "I am resigning" shivaay titled his head to look at her pale face. He twitched his eyebrows and stared at her.

She couldn't possibly leave the job, what has he done now? Nothing. He knew this time it wasn't his harsh behaviour that has lead her to take such a drastic step, what was it? he needed to know.

"Why?" Annika tore her gaze away from him, not wanting to share with him anything, was he the same with other employees too? The same way he was behaving with her right now, would he ever ask the same question to someone working under him? No. She knew. She was an exception to everyone.

"Because.....it's nothing" she took her phone from the side table and clutched it in her hands and got up.

"What do you think you are escaping from?" Annika turned to face him, what was he saying?

"Annika, we can figure it out"

"We can't figure out anything shivaay" she looked at his fingertips brushing against the skin of her wrist, she drew her hand back immediately.

Shivaay sighed, what was he fighting for, for whom? For himself? He never did that, how was he supposed to even know where his actions were leading him towards? He took a step backwards.

"You always said, there was and will always be a line between people like you, high-fi and people like me, sadak.."

"Don't Annika, I have apologized and I still am, sorry Annika"

What was gotten into him? She was trying to avoid him, avoid herself from falling for him, when he was adamant in making her path twisted.

She stared at her feet blankly when she felt his touch on her shoulder, she moved up to meet his eyes, deprived, empty, nothing expect a thin layer of water.

What has she made the man who once was so egoistic and so rude? Could she ever be able to forgive herself after making him so weak? Possibly she could never.

"Annika everything I had been doing, every single word I have been saying you, I am sorry for that, I will never stop you from now own, this is your life, you are free to resign"