19

Annika continued to walk in snow, her body shivering from head to toe

Annika continued to walk in snow, her body shivering from head to toe. The only thing she knew was to go far away from shivaay right now. She felt guilty after knowing it was because of her that dadi's health became worse.

Annika came across a dead end, searching for the phone in her jean pocket, she gasped as soon as she realized she had left her phone back in the house.

Gulping down anxiously, she decided to continue to walk the other direction. Walking for some minutes she stood in front of a park, a similar park. She recalled the moments spent in the park.

Annika sat down on the bench nearby as her legs pained not just because of her walking miles but because of the cold weather too. She dragged down the beanie that adored her head down a bit more to cover her ears.

Rubbing her palms together, she exhaled some air out her mouth only to see smoke escaping her lips. Annika's legs trembled, the weather was getting colder and colder, the snow rain heavied each second.

"Hey, are you alright?" Annika looked up shiveringly at the owner of the voice. "Umm, yeah, I am fine" She looked at the guy, raising his eyebrows. "Doesn't feels like that" Annika shifted a bit, making some space for the stranger to sit next to her.

What if he was thief? A serial killer or a kidnapper? Annika shook away all those thoughts and looked at the person who seemed to stare at the ground or particularly the snow.

"Where do you live?" Annika frowned at the question but soon shook her head at her silly thoughts. "I just came here for a mini vacation" The guy next to her nodded and lowered his eyes yet again.

"I am Jason, and you are?" Annika fidgeted with her ring, feeling a bit scared to tell her name to a complete stranger. "It's ok if you don't wanna share your name"

"No, I didn't mean like that, I am Annika" This time she smiled at him and he nodded his head. "I don't want to interfere in your personal life but I saw you with that guy some days back here, chasing each other, you seem a pretty good couple"

Annika smiled to herself as she recalled the time when she had been running away from him as he continued to throw snow balls at her. "Thankyou" Annika bit her bottom lip, suppressing her urge to burst out in tears.

"Hey, are you ok?" Jason shifted an inch closer to her and he could know that she was shivering with cold. "Come on, get up before you die" Annika's brain was too weak to even give his advice a second thought and she got up on her legs.

"Annika, I live nearby, come on, let me take you home" Jason held her hand hesitantly to support her. Annika breathed heavily, her eyes heaving each minute. "Just a bit more, come on" Jason, unblocked his house door and stepped inside with Annika.

"Here, sit down" Jason, made her sit down on the sofa as he did the same. "Hang on, let me bring you some warm clothes" on his way towards the room, he switched the heater on.

Bringing a bunch of sweaters, he looked at Annika, still shivering. "Here, wear this, you will feel good" Annika took the sweater off his hands and wore it, hugging it closer to her body.

Jason entered his kitchen, boiling the water, he waited for give minutes before pouring the water into the glass. He came back to where Annika sat and saw her sleeping on his couch comfortably.

He decided to leave her alone for sometime as he kept the glass of water on the table next to her.

**
Shivaay paced to and fro inside the hall like a pendulum. He had being worried for two hours and heard no news of Annika from any of his man he had appointed to find Annika.

"Damn it, pick up my phone" Shivaay threw the phone on the sofa, frustrated as Andrew didn't pick his phone up.

Sitting down on the cold floor, he rubbed his face with his palms, he wanted to go out and search for her but he couldn't, the roads were all blocked with snow.

As soon as his phone rang, he picked it up immediately. "Andrew, what the heck? Why didn't you pick up my call? If you do the same again, I will fire you" Shivaay massaged his forehead, trying to calm himself down.

"Sir, we tried everything but we couldn't find her" Shivaay threw his phone again back on the sofa. "Annika, where are you?" Shivaay grabbed his jacket and decided to head out, the only way he could find her.

**
Annika opened her eyes, the anonymous atmosphere scared her. She tried recalling everything that took place in last five hours. Then it clicked her, Jason meeting her in the park and then him taking her to his house.

She looked at the four jackets wrapped around her, she felt good and warm now. Annika got up, her eyes went towards the window and she could see the snow still pouring down from the sky lightly.

"Hey, you got up?" Annika looked at Jason who threw her a warm smile. "Thankyou so much" Jason shook his head and sat down beside her. "You need to need to say  thank me " Annika nodded and shifted her eyes away from his face to the big television in front of her.

"Are you lost?" Annika gasped at that question, she knew whatever he had thought was right but she didn't wanted to go back to him and create more problems in his already messed up life.

"I..I..No, it's nothing like that" She fidgeted with her ring yet again, trying hard to make him believe whatever she was saying was truth. Jason looked away and remained silent, not exactly knowing what to speak more.

"So, does your boyfriend know that you been outside?" Annika shook her head as her eyes remained fixed onto the ground. "Come on tell me the truth already"

"It's complicated" Annika tugged her hair strands back as she tried to remain calm. "Just tell me, did you guys fight or something?" Annika anticipated but nodded, not bothering to tell him any detail of what was going on with both of their lives.

"Ok, I am sure your boyfriend would be worried sick for you right now " Annika imagined Shivaay roaming around the streets of New York just to find her in the heavy snow.

"Do you have a phone?" At that Annika shook her head and Jason sighed before taking out his phone. "Here, call him" Annika took the phone for his hands hesitantly and typed his number as she recalled each and every number.

The phone rang several times before being picked up and when it was picked up, she couldn't muster up the courage to talk to him. "Hello" Annika heard his voice, weak and feeble.

"Shivaay, I.."

"Annika? Is that you? Oh my god, thank god you are ok. Where the hell you are? Do you even know how much scared I was? What if something could have happened to you? Tell me where the heck you are"

Annika sighed out heavily as she listened to his words, Jason raised his eyebrows at her as Annika looked at him. "Address" He grabbed the phone from her hands and took it near his ear.

"It's block 201, street 6, House number 6" Shivaay frowned immediatly, his brain coming up with lots of theories upon hearing the voice.

Shivaay cut the call upon being frustrated, one because Annika ran away and second she was with a complete stranger and it bugged him.

Not wasting a single more minute, he followed the address told by him.

**
I am glad that I could complete this chapter much faster than I thought I could.

Crazymaniac