4 | υηмαηły вυт мαηły

Thinking of Her

Her | Eery

"Never have I could have imagined that the volcano would still have enough energy to erupt another day." Sitting in the back (just like you said earlier what a coincidence), you wrote small notes in your journal, including one to get a new one in case you ran out of paper halfway. Just thinking about not being able to write a good entry down almost brought you to tears.

Almost.

Looking up to see a tall, tired looking, cocoon? No, it was a person emerging from a sleeping bag. Maybe you'd ask more about the bag and where he got it. The item seemed like a nice tool to use whenever you needed to sleep on the go. A hand pinched the top of the pen that was currently being used to write, and you looked up to see the classroom practically empty. "In case you didn't hear, we're going to be outside if you'd like to join us."

His voice didn't sound like he woke up from a nap, it almost sounded as if he were just tasting the coffee. "S-Sorry." He said nothing, but he did take your notebook (probably to see why you were so distracted), and stood there as you took the uniform, hurrying outside with the others.

After Eijirou heard about why you were late and watched how you subtly twitched your ear towards the teacher who held the notebook in his hand, there wasn't much the red-hair could do but sympathetically pat your back.

"Softball Throwing, the Standing Long-jump, the 50-meter Dash, Endurance Running, Grip Strength, Side-to-Side Stepping, Upper-Body Training, Seated Toe Touch...most of you did this in Middle School, yes? Your standard No-Quirks-Allowed Gym Test." His eyes landed on you, and it was when you remembered that you had something like this in France, but instead of not being allowed to use quirks, you had the pleasure of going all out. "This country still insists on prohibiting quirks when calculating the average of those records. It isn't rational. The Department of Education is just procrastinating.  [preach]

"Bakugō. How far could you throw in Middle School?" Probably 1 inch, he wouldn't be able to do anything if his "I'm Going to Kill You" vibe lingers around him. That's what you thought at least. But if you had to be honest, maybe a solid 20 meters. "Sixty-seven meters." Maybe a solid 67 meters. "Great, now try it with your quirk. Do whatever you need to, just don't leave the circle." He was tossed a ball, and it was if his cockiness grew because everyone was staring at him. 

"Die!"

Covering your eyes from the dust, the heat of his quirk lingered a few seconds after the blast. "That's a lotta damage." Wincing when a guy with a streak of black hair turned his head 180 degrees to look at you, you took a step back, hiding behind your friend. You don't know what you did, you just said something Eijirou had told you. Was that phrase bad? Maybe you'd never say it ever again just so that kid would never do whatever he just did ever again.

"This is amazing! We can use our quirks huh? I can't wait to show everyone what I can do!" Slightly overwhelmed by his enthusiasm, you were forced to agree. Somehow, you didn't really want to have the burden of the entire class watching what you could do, but it would help to know how far you could go, right? "Y-Yeah..."

The first one was the 50-meter dash, which you got 4.20 on, much to your dismay. Eijirou relentlessly teased you about it through all the tests. Some you did good on, like the standing long jump, and some, well, you'd definitely have to work out your upper body strength. That's for sure. But it could be done another day.

"Sensei!" Walking up to the teacher, you nervously fumbled with your hands, lowering your ears. "Um, when throwing the softball, do you have to use your hands? The annoying tin can has strength in his legs...he wished to know if we could use legs." Lying wasn't your strong suit, but ever since the entrance exams, that guy got on your nerves! He didn't even apologize! May Frith-rah smite him all the way down to the fiery pits of—

"Whatever floats your boat kid."

Nodding, you went back to Kirishima, who had just finished. "Next is that softball throw, right? My quirk really isn't suited for that... You look happy?" Turning to him, he flinched at the expression that was on your face. Somehow, you managed to look adorable while having a murderous vibe? "What's got you so giddy all of a sudden?" Explaining to Eijirou what you did in a quiet voice, you let out a sigh. "It feels so good to do that, but I feel so bad because I'm being dishonest. It doesn't feel right. I don't deserve to be in the Black Rabbit's owsla...but I had to do it! It's my revenge on that horrendous tin can!"

Eijirou was concerned yet surprised at the same time. Where'd you learn such things? He remembered when he first met you, how you spoke in a weird way and how you were too focused on one thing to even care about someone else. Where in the world did this confidence show up? "Although it was unmanly of you, it's manly to admit the thing you did wrong!"

"[Y/N]."

It's was your turn. Walking up to the circle, you caught the ball in your hands, thinking of how you did this. Did you kick it like a kickball? Or did you use your leg like a bat? Yeah! Maybe you did that last time. Activating your quirk, you winced at how your gym bottoms slightly tore. That problem could wait later. Tossing the ball, you leapt in the air right after it, kicking it like a kangaroo in the direction it was supposed to go.

"800 meters."

Hopping back to Eijirou, he flinched at the dangerous aura that surrounded you. "Now that I know that I am worthy of being in her owsla, I can finally go back to finding peace in the darkness." There's the [Y/N] he had met during the entrance exams. Patting your head, he flashed one of his signature grins and gave you a thumbs up.

"It was obvious that he was lying about expelling us. It was easy to figure that out."

Apparently, while you believed in your Gods more than you believed in yourself, you didn't think you were that smart to figure that out. "I really thought he was going to kick us out of his owsla... I'm glad he didn't. All of my hard work would've been washed away by the summer waves." Fortunately, even if he were kicking someone out, you had managed 5th place, with Eijirou not too far behind.

It was more surprising when someone had came up to you, introducing themselves as  Fumikage Tokoyami. "The wind had graced me with the words you had spoken today. It's a pleasure to become acquainted with you, [L/N]." Nearly exploding at his words, you asked if he wanted to join you and Eijirou, slightly smiling when he took the same route. Surprisingly, Eijirou was all up for it (making new friends that is), and didn't mind the extra company.

So far, you managed to make friends with three in your class. In your books, that was enough people to hang out with. But for some odd reason, you couldn't shake off the feeling that you'd be forced to become friends with everyone in the future because of a life or death situation.

and I- oop