Shocked

Peter and Michelle were practically bouncing off the walls after they had came to their 'agreement' and not even Liz and her sour attitude could dampen their spirits. Ned and Betty obviously noticed how happy their best friends were; and after the events that had transpired between them and Liz they feared that they would break up... obviously not.

Ned and Betty sat at lunch chatting amongst themselves as Peter and Michelle were the opposite end of the table laughing about something.

"Hey Betty, any idea what has them in such a good mood?" asked Ned whilst watching Michelle throw food at Peter for him to catch in his mouth. Betty was watching as well.

"I dunno babe, but obviously it had to be good. But I swear I want to slap that bitch for doing that to them," growled Betty in response. They could see trouble brewing when Liz walked over to their table and sat down next to Peter. He didn't even pay attention to her and ignored her existence.

She kept flashing seductive looks to Peter obviously attempting to get a reaction. It was pitiful and embarrassing to watch. Ned and Betty were inwardly cringing at the sight. That was until Peter spoke.

"You know Liz this is just pathetic, I am going to spell it out for you. I, then a space, L-O-V-E and then another space, MJ," said Peter as if he were talking to a three year old. Ned and Betty began to snigger while Liz shot a dirty look at Michelle who simply flipped her the bird in response.

Liz got up and placed her hand on Peter's shoulder while whispering in a seductive tone into his ear, "When you get bored of her I'll be waiting tiger."

Peter shivered as she slipped her hand away and floated off. Michelle was beside herself with anger. She began to get up to go after Liz when Dawson walked up and placed his hands on her shoulders to keep her in her seat.

"Easy Michelle, keep watching," said Dawson with an evil grin. Peter looked at him curiously as did Michelle before looking to where Liz was sitting.

A group of cheerleaders walked up to her and one of them roared, "FUCKING BITCH YOU GO NEAR THOSE TWO AGAIN AND WE WILL MAKE SURE THE WHOLE SCHOOL GOES AFTER YOU!"

The entire cafeteria cheered in response, Liz slapped the cheerleader in the face and Peter leapt into action. liz lifter her hand and swung it to slap her again only to have Peter catch it before impact.

"No violence in this school, understand me?" he said coldly. Liz then raised her fist and swung it at Peter. He simply caught it in his other hand.

"That was a bad move Liz," sneered Peter, "Now I have to let them step in."

Peter pushed her back slightly and walked away as the group of cheerleaders grabbed her and dragged her from the cafeteria.

When Peter sat down, Dawson couldn't help but say, "Damn dude, that was cold." Peter shrugged and leaned his head on Michelle's shoulder and closed his eyes. Michelle knew what that meant.

"Honey do you have another migraine?" she asked softly.

He simply nodded and she kissed his head. Dawson looked on and smiled at the sight they were so loving and if he was being honest he was completely loving their whole dynamic.

"I swear when we are married things will be easier MJ," he muttered quietly, but obviously not quiet enough as Ned, Betty and Dawson all shouted, "WHAT!!?"

Peter winced but explained everything to them, they were satisfied with the answer and Ned and Dawson may have had a slight scuffle about who would be best man. Of course Betty was crying about being maid of honour. They were all geeking out so much over their engagement that Peter had to remind them that they were only sixteen and that they were waiting until they were twenty years old. That put a damper on their spirits a bit. Now all he had to do was tell both of their parents the news. What could Go wrong?