MISSION STATUS

The all-too familiar knock sounded on your window late at night in Queens, New York— the place where you currently resided in and grew up in. Getting up, you walked over to it to slide it open and allow him inside as usual.

He practically fell into the room, landing on the floor of your bedroom, his hand tightly clutching his arm as you stared.

"Peter..." you muttered softly.

He took the mask off, revealing his cut and bruised face. You felt sick to your stomach watching him clutch his stomach, noticing that he flinched every time he moved his body.

His eyes met yours, finding only pain and tears dripping in the irises. He couldn't help but begin to feel sick to his stomach also— seeing you: his sweet, beautiful girlfriend getting moved to tears over what he had to go through all day.

"_____."

You got down on your knees next to him, grabbing his hand in yours while he continued to hold the consistent eye contact.

"Peter, I thought you were being careful."

"Well, I'm not really invincible, it seems." He joked, only earning a chuckle out of you. Quickly snapping out of it, you regained your composure.

"Peter, I really put a lot of trust into you whenever you leave your home in that red tight suit of yours. I really want you to be more careful next time." You told him sweetly.

He smiled. "Being a bug isn't as simple as it seems, ____. Being in pain comes with the job."

You rolled your eyes, pressing a gentle kiss to his cheek before grabbing the medical supplies you kept handy underneath your bed in case these types of things became more common.

Reaching in, you grabbed a cotton swab, some alcoholic dabbing medicine for wounds, bandaids, and a Q-Tip.

"What happened?" You asked while dabbing on the alcoholic medicine.

He sighed, staring up at your ceiling. "Well, I was trying to stop a robbery from a bank but they caught me. There were these weapons that could've killed someone so easily- someone like Ned or like you."

You stopped using the cotton swab and stared at Peter who noticed and looked over at you.

"Peter.." You said, trailing off before he sat up and flinched every time he moved a single muscle.

He pulled you gently into his hold, holding you tightly against his body. You could feel how tense he was.

"Peter, you're hurt. You don't have to hold me. It's okay." You told him as he shook his head.

"You're scared. I can tell by looking in your eyes. You don't fool me, ____." Peter told you, pressing a light kiss to your head.

You shuddered slightly. "Yeah, I am, Peter. I'm scared for you- for your well being. For your safety."

Peter shook his head, feeling the rush of wind behind the two of you. He turned around, not seeing anything.

"____, do exactly as I tell you."

You suddenly felt all the blood in your body run cold as particles of sweet felt freezing on your forehead.

"Peter?"

"Please promise me you'll run when I say run."

You were tense.

"I'm not leaving you."

"____, please. I think I was followed by whatever did this to me and I must stop it before it hurts you."

You shook your head. "Peter, I'm staying."

"You'll die!" He loudly whispered.

You shook your head, reaching towards the bottom of your bed, pulling out a small pistol. Peter's eyes went wide.

"You have a pistol under your bed?"

"Well, when you have to leave your window open at night for your superhero boyfriend, you'd eventually get paranoid too."

Peter chuckled, making sure you were hidden well enough in the closet before he slid the mask over his head. He was limping.

He was really injured.

You stayed with one eye peeking out from the closet, keeping yourself still concealed in the darkness.

You heard the sound of a hiss before someone entered the room, making you peek out.

"What the hell?"

Out of fear, you covered your mouth, nearly dropping the gun but grasped it before it hit the ground.

The hiss began to move towards your closet door. You felt nausea bubbling up in your throat.

You didn't hear Peter.

With sudden bravery, you aimed the pistol at the creature outside the crack of your closet door and took a shot.

Dead.

You waited for a minute before pushing open the door and seeing Peter laying on the floor with the creature.

"Peter?" You asked softly, stepping around the creature. You could see him nod from the floor.

"I'm okay." He responded.

You gave him a smile. "Let's get rid of whatever the hell this is so I can continue to fix your new wounds."

He only smiled.

"What a time, _____. What a time."

-
the last sentence idk man.

treat people with kindness.

-katherine