YOU'RE OKAY

SPOILERS AHEAD

SPOILERS AHEAD

SPOILERS AHEAD

SPOILERS AHEAD

SPOILERS AHEAD

SPOILERS AHEAD

SPOILERS AHEAD

SPOILERS AHEAD

you've been warned.
-

"hey, happy," you said, holding the phone close to your ear as you searched through your bag for you passport. the group was heading to london today before flying back home and you needed the passport.

"____, there's been an accident," he said.

you immediately stopped searching through your bag, trying to take in his words. you swallowed thickly before deciding to answer.

"what?"

"there's been an accident. an accident with peter."

you felt everything go numb. everything in your body just instantly like a snap. your eyes looked up towards the door to your hotel room as you asked him another question.

"can you come get me?"

he didn't hesitate with his answer.

"on our way."

-

when you climbed onto the plane in the field that happy had explained to you so you could meet them there, you saw peter sitting in a chair to himself. he seemed so vulnerable and scared, and it began to scare you.

"peter," you pushed out of your body. it felt like the name carried so much weight and took so much effort to say. you swallowed, watching as his eyes landed on yours.

he got up, feeling instantly weak once more.

you went to him, taking him into your arms while you felt hot tears running down your cheeks while your eyes squeezed themselves shut to avoid anymore hurt.

"peter, what happened?" you asked him.

he couldn't get any words out. they felt thick and heavy in his throat. like, he had to force up a dry cotton ball.

"beck, he," he paused. he hated the name. "he tricked me. he tricked us all, and now i'm having to pay and so are my friends. so are you."

you let go to look at him.

"what are you talking about?"

"beck," he began. your ____ eyes searched his soft, chocolate ones. "he lied to everyone. the elementals, they're all fake, ____. i couldn't- i didn't know. i-"

you shushed him gently.

"hey, you're okay. it's okay, peter."

"no, it's not, ____. i screwed up, i screwed up terribly this time. i should've known."

you shook your head, tucking the loose hair behind your ear while you stared at him.

"peter, this is not your fault. stop blaming yourself for it because it's not your fault."

he sighed, looking down at his hands.

"i should've never given him those glasses."

"peter," you said, firm enough that it caught his attention fully. he stared over at you. "this isn't your fault so stop blaming yourself for this. i can't tell you how much it hurts me to know that you think every little thing you do, every little action you make out of the kindness of your heart, is your fault. it's not, honey. it's never your fault- it's always the other person's. because they're the ones that make you feel this deep regret and sorrow. i can't have you feeling like that anymore, peter. i just can't."

he leaned forwards, pressing a soft kiss to your cheek as you leaned into it. you felt all the worries go away in the world and when you pulled back, it felt like everything would be okay now.

"we just need to stop beck. and i have a plan to do it."

-
i rewatched ffh yesterday :))

treat people with kindness.

-katherine