47

Luke's pov

Time square quickly became crowded as people came for the new year. It was only 2 and the streets were crowded. My heart starts racing knowing that Ally would soon be here with me. It'll be the first time I saw her after everything that's happened. I'm excited but also very nervous. I'm excited to finally see her again, but what if things go wrong. What if she doesn't feel the same way about me, what if she wants Michael and not me, what if she lost all feelings towards me?

It's now 6, and the streets are more packed than before. Police already blocked off the streets, and they're patrolling all over. I stare at my phone, waiting for the text from Ally saying that she's here. What if she doesn't even show up? Maybe I'm rushing things again, I don't know. I casually made my way over to the drinks and started fixing myself one. I slowly jumped when I felt a hand touch my shoulder.

"Man, I can't believe this. We're playing in time square on New Year's Eve. How fucking crazy is that!" Calum laughed.

"I mean, just four years ago we released 'She Looks So Perfect'. Now we're playing on New Year's Eve in-front of millions of people!" Calum explained.

"I know mate, that shits crazy." I responded, trying to take my mind off of Ally.

"Tonight's gonna be so sick! 9 o'clock can't come any sooner."

Calum walked back to where the rest of the boys were standing. They were talking amongst themselves. The room was filled with all different artists. People like Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello, and Dua Lipa were coming up to us and talking to us. Bebe Rexha even came to talk to us. It was fun getting to talk to a bunch of amazing artist like them.

It was finally time for us to preform, and I still haven't received a text from Ally. I felt really disappointed, but I couldn't let that get in the way of our performance. We gathered backstage and waited for our cue to go onstage.

"You guys are going to do great! I believe in you guys!" Shawn and Camila said.

We ran on stage, thousands of fans screaming as we entered the stage. A big camera panned down on us, recording us and broadcasting us to the world.

Remember the words you told me, love me 'til the day I die
Surrender my everything 'cause you made me believe you're mine
Yeah, you used to call me baby, now you calling me by name
Takes one to know one, yeah
You beat me at my own damn game

I began to sing. I searched the crowed, hoping that I would spot Ally. I slowly started to lose hope until I spotted an unforgettable pair of blue eyes. She was standing in the crowd with her cousin Mallory and another older lady. I smiled as our eyes met up.

We finished our song, people cheering and applauding us. I motioned for Ally to come with us back stage. She hugged Mallory and the other lady and then made her way towards us. I met her next to the door that led to backstage. No one was allowed back there unless they had proof of being invited back there. I didn't give Ally a backstage pass, so I had to tell the bodyguard personally that she was allowed backstage. The bodyguard let her backstage, and she ran into my arms. It felt amazing to finally have her in my arms again.

"I've missed you." She smiled.

"I missed you too. Why didn't you tex me that you were here?" I asked.

"Wait, you didn't get my text? It's probably a bad signal out here, cause I definitely sent you one." She explained.

"Luke, there you..." Calum said. He stopped once he saw Ally.

"Oh, hey Ally." He said.

"Hi Calum." She waved.

Calum looked at me and then back Ally.