Chapter Two- Trapped!

When I woke up, I was laying in a bed, my gun and headset gone. I looked around and sat up as best as I was able. There was a tray laying across my body, and my wrist was cuffed to it. I tried to free it, but no luck. Then the door opened, and I looked up. A woman came in with a tray in her hands. I won't lie, she looked like a mess.

"Who are you! Where am I?!" I asked, frantically. She set the tray on the bed, then set a bowl and spoon in front of me.

"Oh, hush now, and go ahead and eat up hun!" She said, then left. I looked at what was in the bowl, and was immediately repulsed. I was afraid to even wonder what it was. I took the spoon, however, and used it to pry the cuff off. I got out of the bed and began to look around the room. There were family pictures, and I saw the man that had knocked me out with the woman from before! They must be married. They looked so kind in the pictures.

"What happened to you?" I muttered. I noticed that things in the room seemed to be misplaced. They had to be misplaced for a reason, so I began putting them right. I was able to unlock the door in the room and I walked in. I found my holster and gun, but my head set was broken. I couldn't get through on the ear piece, but the flashlight still worked! I kept that with me. Suddenly I heard footsteps coming up to the door! I shut the door in the room and hid behind a shelf. The woman walked in, and when she saw that I was gone, she went nuts.

"She didn't eat it, Jack, she didn't eat it!" She screamed, storming out of the room. Jack...that must be the man's name. Once I was sure that she was gone, I opened the door, and snuck out of the room.

And so began three long years at the Baker Estate. I regretted taking this final mission every day that I had been here. Leon must think I'm dead, and Scarllete...my little girl....she never had her mother. I hated myself for doing this to my family. I had been caught and locked in the second floor bathroom. I tried ramming the door down, but I couldn't. I sighed and sat on the counter. I waited there for what seemed like ages, when suddenly, the door began to open. I grabbed my gun and pointed it at the door. Once the door was fully opened, the man behind it pointed his gun at me. I had never seen him before, and he didn't look like he was being controlled by the bioweapon that resided here.

"Who are you?" He asked. My hands held steady as I frowned.

"That depends. Who are you? What are you doing here? And more importantly...are you one of them?" I asked. He must have known then that I wasn't like the Bakers. He put his gun down.

"My name is Ethan Winters. I came here searching for my wife, Mia. No, I'm not one of them." He said. I nodded and put my gun away.

"Okay. My name is Carter Kennedy. I was sent in here for recon three years ago and got caught. Been here ever since." I said.

"Well maybe we can help each other. You help me get out of here, and I'll get you out in return. Deal?" He asked and held out his hand. I shook it.

"Deal."