Secrets (Chapter 15)

Niall's POV

                'Yeah, like she's going to answer to you. You don't even know where she is or what she's doing, what would make her want to talk to you? You fucked up.' I thought harshly of myself, my finger hovering over Perrie's contact in my phone, threatening to call the girl I had thrown out of my life because of just some small mistakes we both made. I bit my lip, finally clicking the call icon after accessing her contact information. It rang a few times before I heard the familiar sweet, soft voice I had adored so much.

        "Niall..?" She asked, surprising me with her American accent.

        "Perrie," Was all I managed, her name coming out more a strangled breath than a word. "Good God. You answered. I didn't know if you still had this number or if you were even alive-"

        She cut me off with a small, sad chuckle. "Hey, hush." She spoke again, her American accent strange to me since the last time I had spoken with her, she kept her British held strong.

        "You sound.... Different..." I managed, tears threatening to fill my eyes as a million memories came to mind. How I managed to save her from torture and get her safely to an airport. "Are you in America?" I asked, chewing my lip. If you wanted to get me softened and thrown off guard, this girl was the key.

        "Yeah, I am." She confirmed. "I'm considering moving here. I've stayed with my cousin for so long... It's so different here." She rambled, a small sigh escaping her lips as she continued. "But I miss it back home. I've already gotten a flight out in a week or so..." She trailed off, my eyes widening.

        "Perrie..?" I asked, my tone thick with longing. "D-Do you think you could stop by?" I asked her cautiously, becoming a bit self-conscious of myself as a long pause followed.

        "Uh.... I uh.. Niall.." She stuttered, unsure of what to tell me. "Look, there's just been too many memories.. I don't want to bring anything up.." She paused, an awkward silence filling the space.

        "Alright." I answered stiffly, the lump in my throat beginning to burn from me holding in my emotions for so long. "Nice talking to you, love." I mumbled, hanging up before I could hear a response.

Adriane's POV

        I made my way up the wooden stairs, looking for Niall. "Niall..?" I called out, checking the bathroom before checking him room. I knocked on his closed door, a bit alarmed from the familiar sounds of whimpering and gasping. "Niall..?" I called again, chewing my lip as concern filled within my stomach. "I need to talk to you." I spoke firmly, trying to keep things strictly 'business only'. As I went to knock again, I jumped at the sudden voice behind me.

"He's a bit busy, love...." Zayn studied me, a small smile turning his lips upwards only the slightest bit.

"Oh," I breathed, unable to keep my eyes from the gorgeous man in front of me.

"I give him... Ten minutes tops." He gave me a lopsided grin, perfect, white teeth flashing quickly before getting covered by a more gentle, possibly serious closed-mouth smile.

"A-Alright.. Thanks." I thanked him kindly. 'Stop gawking and staring like that... You look like an idiot!' i thought, breaking my gaze to stare at the floor.

"Hey..." He frowned, concern filling his eyes as he reached a large, soft hand to my chin. "You alright?" He asked, tilting my head up to the point where I was staring into those beautiful hazel eyes.