Fools Gold (Chapter 16)

Zayn's POV

        As we shopped around, Adriane had many small mumbles about being thankful about the trip. Although every comment was inaudible, I kept a smile on my face. She wasn't too hard to talk to and her and Perrie's personalities weren't different at all.

        Perrie. I thought, my mind suddenly becoming occupied. What was she doing? How was she doing? I continued to think but I was pulled out from my state of mind and tuned into the small bump from Adriane. "Sorry," she murmured as she pulled away, the closeness of the people around her now bothering her. She mumbled something else under her breath and I rolled my eyes, ignoring the rude comment. "Look," she flicked her head towards a small ice cream shoppe across from the store we were currently in. I smiled and my eyes lit up, the familiar shop triggering memories. I nodded and led her towards the door, us entering the parlour.

        Adriane bit her lip and looked around, as did I, inspecting the place that held so many memories. "Wow," I breathed. "This hasn't changed a bit." The employee behind the ice cream bar smiled widely as I walked in. With recognization, I grinned and walked forward. "Zaynnn buddy how are you?" My old friend bellowed, causing my grin to widen. "Hey Mel," I bit my lip and turned my attention back to Adriane to make sure she hadn't run off. "Here with another one?" He grunted and I blushed a dark color of red.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Adriane looked at me with her assertive doe eyes, threatening to unleash a fury I recognized too many times before.

"Zayn used to bring in a pretty platinum blonde here. Perriwinkle?" Mel shrugged, "She was a shy little thing. Clung to Zayn like a bee on a flower." He dished out some vanilla ice cream, him knowing what I liked.

"Ehhh.. Perrie." I mumbled, reaching behind to scratch the nape of my neck. I did not want to talk about her. Especially not here.

        Adriane slowly nodded and watched as Mel dished out another bowl of vanilla ice cream. 

                                              -----------------------------------------------------

        "Niall... Zayn and I are happy. Why does that bother you so much?" Perrie asked as she clung to my shoulder like a scared child, her body pressed against mine in fear. Niall's face was red with rage; fury I knew that would be unleashed in a matter of seconds. "Because," he hissed, "You are being sold. Auctioned, bought, purchased. Whatever you want to call it. Next Friday, consider yourself as a true slut. You will be used, beaten, and be a secondhand bitch for them all. You of all people should be scared." He growled and Perrie began to silently cry, wet tears coating my shoulder. 

        "Niall, stop." I weakly demanded, biting my lip in worry for the girl I loved. Yeah, her and Niall had a thing for a little bit, but he fucked up. Misused her trust. She was with me and I loved the way it hurt him. He shifted in discomfort at the sight of me and her. I felt powerful. But my power wasn't going to last. My plan to save her wasn't going to operate, and in a few days, I was going to have to say goodbye. 

                                            -------------------------------------------------------