Chapter 23- Sebastian

"Bloody hell." Seb muttered.

"We have to get after it!" James shouted. "Before it reports back to the fortress."

Elias stood up, "Or, we could follow it to the fortress and then dismantle it."

"How are we going to dismantle a drone that's faster then us?" Seb retorted.

Elias held up his gun, "I don't think it'll be that difficult."

"Whatever our decision is we have to make it fast, it's moving." James said his eyes wide in fear.

Seb nodded at Elias, "Let's follow it."

Elias shook his head, "James and I will go after it, you have to stay here with Anya."

"I can walk." Seb protested.

"You're not fooling anyone mate." James said as he patted Seb's shoulder. "Just stay here, you need to keep your strength up for when we actually go inside their fortress." Without another word he and Elias bolted from the camp and Seb sat down on the ground next to Ethan.

"James was right you know," Ethan said, "you need to save your strength."

"I know, I just, I feel so useless." Seb hung his head.

"Hey, you helped me, didn't you?"

The corner of Seb's mouth twitched, "Yeah."

They sat there for a long time, soaking in the warmth from the fire and breathing in the crisp winter air. Had it really been less than a week since he left England? Had he really survived so much? The fire crackled and snapped as it choked on the wood and Seb found himself looking off into the woods for James and Elias. What was taking so long? Were they lost? Did they get captured? Fear started to build in him and he hauled himself to his feet.

"Woah, you should be resting." Anya said from her seat beside Luke.

"Aren't you at all concerned about James and Elias? They're not back yet."

"I'm sure they're fine." Anya replied, but her voice quivered slightly.

"You don't have to put on a good front for us Anya." Luke said softly, "He's your brother, you're allowed to worry."

"I'll go look for them." Seb said.

Anya stood up, "No, you should stay here, if something did happen to them, we don't want the same thing to happen to you."

"We can't just leave them out there." Seb protested.

"We can't risk getting lost ourselves." Anya retorted.

"I think we should wait another ten minutes or so, if they aren't back by then, Sebastian and I will go looking for them." Ethan said.

Anya nodded slowly, "Fine, but if something happens to you, don't say I didn't warn you."

The minutes seemed like hours and with each second Seb felt his stomach twist into a tighter knot. What if James and Elias were dead? If he went after them, would he meet death as well? Seb found himself looking at his wounded leg, he wouldn't be able to run very far and if the wound reopened that would most likely cause him to pass out. Was it worth the risk? Seb shook himself, of course it's worth the risk. James was his friend now and Seb would help him.

"They're still not back." Ethan said after what must have been about ten minutes.

Seb struggled to his feet, "Well that does it, I'm going to find them."