Chapter 3- Sebastian

"LET GO! Let go!" He growled, trying to wrench his arm free from the crew member's tight grip.

"Would you calm down!?" The man shouted as he dragged Seb down the hallway. He opened a door, threw Seb into the room, quickly slammed the door shut, and locked it.

Seb got up off the floor and stared at the room. It was a small chamber with a cot, a toilet, and a small cooler that held water. Seb gave an angry shout and kicked the trashcan by the bed. It toppled with a loud clatter. He felt his tears coming but he tried to hold them back. Eyes watering, he sat on the cot and put his head in his hands.

"They just don't understand." He muttered. "DON'T UNDERSTAND!" He screamed and threw the pillow off the bed and across the chamber. It hit the far wall and slumped to the ground. "I'm so sorry Clara. It should have been me!" Seb let the tears fall now. He curled into a ball and cried until the tears no longer came and his body shook every time he took a hyperventilated breath.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and Seb watched it open slowly. One face appeared and then another as Luke and James stepped into the room.

"Hey." Luke said tentatively.

"Get out!" Seb spat. Anger rushed through him. He didn't even know these boys but they wanted to pretend to care about him.

"We can help." Luke said.

"Just talk to us." James added.

"Go away." Seb hissed.

James sighed and beckoned to Luke, "Come on, he's not going to talk."

Luke nodded and Seb watched them go. His anger still left a bitter taste on his tongue. "You don't even care!" He shouted at the space Luke and James had been, his tear ridden face was red and blotchy and he felt more tears slip from his eyelids. "I shouldn't be here." Seb said more quietly, "Should be dead."

The day passed slowly. He didn't know how long they'd keep him locked up but he didn't care. He wouldn't eat or drink and if they left him for long enough he'd be with Clara before they reached America. Daylight seeped from one small window just left of the cot and Seb guessed noon was not far off. That's when the door clicked open again and the crew member stepped in.

"You can go now." He said.

Seb stared at the American man and scowled, "What if I don't want to?"

"That wasn't an option kid, get out of this room and go back to the lower deck."

Now Seb recognized fear in the man's voice, something had happened. "What's going on?" Seb asked.

"Why can't kids ever just do as they're told!? Go back to the bunk room and stay there! Now! Move!"

Seb stood up and left the chamber. The crew member shut the door and raced off down the hall. Seb started toward the bunk room his anger had faded now, dulled by curiosity. Something was wrong and he was going to find out what. He walked slowly down the hallways, glancing over his shoulder to make sure he wasn't being followed. Seb reached a small platform blocked off with bars, but that was enough for Seb to see what had caused the crew members worry. Russian boats were encircling the American boat, there was shouting and splashing as Russians tried to board the boat.

"This is unauthorized!" Someone shouted.

"We have nothing to hide!" Another added the bluff.

"'Zen you vill let us board" A man said, his Russian accent was thick.

"Let them." A woman said.

"Captain are you sure? We can get rid of them, this is unnecessary, America is neutral in this war." Another man said.