Chapter 43- Surfaced

Two days had passed since the phone call with Ember. Ethan was sitting in a chair beside Seb's bed, his leg propped up on a stool and crutches resting beside him. He had just been discharged from the hospital but had refused to leave until he saw Seb.

"So, I heard they found your parents." Seb said, trying to make casual conversation.

"Yes." Ethan replied. "They're waiting for me outside."

"Well, don't waste your time here with me, you should be with them."

"I had to say goodbye." Ethan was shaking slightly in his seat and he reached a hand up to wipe his tears away.

Seb smiled faintly, "I appreciate it."

"I wouldn't be here without you, Sebastian."

"I can say the same to you, Ethan."

Ethan stumbled forward and gripped the side of Seb's bed. The two boys embraced awkwardly and when they finally released each other James was waiting with Ethan's crutches. Ethan took hold of them and began to make his way towards the door. Luke opened it for him and followed him out. James gave Seb a half smile then followed in the other boy's wake.

Mr. and Mrs. Beckett were waiting for Ethan in the waiting room. Mrs. Beckett's face was wet with the rainfall from hundreds of tears and Mr. Beckett was trembling as he took hold of his son. "Thank you," Mrs. Beckett whispered to the boys surrounding Ethan, "we can't thank you enough."

"It was our pleasure." James replied.

"If there's anything we can do for you we'd be more than happy to try." Mr. Beckett said.

James saw his opportunity and took it, "Well, now that you mention it," He paused, "this is going to sound crazy, but, we need to get a message to the Prime Minister, but we don't know how we can make sure it's just him that sees it."

Mr. Beckett looked thoughtful for a moment then exchanged a look with his wife, she nodded encouragingly, "We've been running a small webcast to try and locate Ethan, but I'm sure we could easily tune it to find the Prime Minister's personal frequency."

James gaped at Mr. Beckett, it seemed too easy, he saw that his friends were also gazing in astonishment at their luck. Ethan was beaming beside his parents, "I can help too."

"You'll do no such thing!" Mrs. Beckett cried, "You've been through quite enough and I don't want you getting any more involved in this war!"

"But Mum..."

"No but's about it." Mrs. Beckett said firmly.

"Dad?" Ethan turned to his father and Mr. Beckett shook his head.

"I'm afraid I agree with your mother Ethan, you've had far too much involvement already."

"If you put yourself out there, the Russian's could recognize you and take you again." Mrs. Beckett fretted.

Ethan looked put out and James let his hand rest on the young boy's shoulder, "I think your parents are right." He said, "You've done so much for us already, let your parents take it from here."

Luke turned to the Beckett's, "How do we start?"

"Why don't you come with us back to our home and we'll start working on it right away." Mr. Beckett replied.

James's face fell, "We can't leave without our friend, he's stuck here for a few more weeks."

"Even though, I think he should be allowed to leave now, he's perfectly fine, he just can't walk." Luke muttered.