a forever without you

Serenity takes Ceyla's hand, dragging her to the front door.

"Where are we going?"

Serenity's mind turns in circles as she contemplates the decision she's thinking about.  "Do you want your letters back?" She asks with a smile.

"I don't know... maybe."

A hm leaves her mothers lips. "Let's visit the boys we can. I'll go find the letters."

Ten minutes later, Serenity and Ceyla sit in the heated car, parked outside of one of the boys' house. The boy who used Ceyla to hide his sexuality, Noah.

"The things I do for you kids." Serenity mumbles when staring at her daughter who makes no attempt to leave the car. So she walks to the door.

Her knuckles tap against the wood as she waits with patience. A young boy opens the door, dressed in a striped polo shirt and denim shorts. There's earphones hanging around his neck and his brown hair is a disheveled mess. His features are soft and approachable. He stands tall and instead of expected confusion on his appearance, there's familiarity in his olive eyes and he greets Serenity.

So this is the gay boy that hid his sexuality from his friends and the rest of high school by dating Ceyla, thinking she wouldn't fall for him romantically-

"Hey... I'm looking for Noah?"

The boy raises his brows, not surprised by her appearance. "That's me." He averts his gaze from Serenity. "Are you here for Ceyla's letter?"

"How did you-"

"You're her mom." Noah states. "I've seen you before, from school- parents evenings and sports days." He nods in recognition and Serenity now recognises the young boy that's been in Ceyla's classes ever since she was in school.

"I'm surprised you remember me after all that time." She laughs.

Noah hums. "Yeah, does she want it back?" He refers to the letter and doesn't give Ceyla's mother a chance to confirm. "I'll be right back-" And he goes back inside the toasty house, to retrieve the letter he wasn't expecting at all.

The teenage boy is about to hand her the letter, stained with thoughts that were shifted from Ceyla's mind. Her emotions tied together, into an envelope addressed with his name, an intimate letter that was meant for no one but herself. "Is she with you? I'd like to talk things through, clear the air you know?" He asks.

Serenity huffs. "That's actually a good idea-" She trails off. Ceyla is the kind of person to push away clashing situations, thoughts and emotions which is why she's been having several panic attacks ever since the letters got whisked away to their recipients. Serenity wants her daughter to be brave. "I'll go get her, she's in the car." She offers a smile.

Serenity turns around, determined for Ceyla to talk about the hidden conflict with Noah, they both need to address their past and current feelings. She starts to walk down the front of the house, down the small path until she stops.

An older man walks up the path at the same time, a few steps away from her. They both freeze at the same time, perplexed, shocked and filled with anxiety.

"Serenity?" Their voices collide. "Yoongi?"

Just like they always did.