Or?

SEUNGCHEOL'S POV

After everything that happened with me and Woozi, I thought over things carefully. I had everything all planned. And for that, Seungkwan is the key. I know that he had done nothing to me but I needed everything quicker than I originally thought of. I needed to do this for my brothers and for Woozi. I am sorry I couldn't do what you wanted me to do Woozi, I can't give you up.

Meeting Seungkwan in the hallway this morning was a chance for me to test Seungkwan's hatred of me and his reactions to the event yesterday so I purposely greeted him brightly.

"Oh hello Seungkwan, How are you?"I greeted Seungkwan to which the other frown to.

"don't talk to me. I don't want to interact with any of your gang right now" Seungkwan answered, irritated just like I expected.

"my gang? who are you talking to?" I replied, amused at Seungkwan's use of words.

"you and the other people who annoys me" Seungkwan fight back with raised brow.

Before I could answer to that, I noticed a shoe at the turn, and I am guessing that someone is actually eavesdropping at our conversation. Given that he is hiding, he is probably someone Seungkwan knows or I know.............. or we know.

Returning my attention to Seungkwan, I asked him again, trying to prolong our conversation.

"oh! do you mean Vernon and Jeonghan?" I ask teasingly.

"whoever you consider friends" Seungkwan answered as he walk away but before he could be totally out of my sight, I asked again

"so you don't want to be friends with us?" remembering a conversation I had with someone.

"I don't even want to be acquainted with any of you" He answered without looking back. Hearing that, I smirked and turned to the corner.

I was surprise to see that it was Vernon who was listening to us, but it is not entirely out of my calculations so it made me laugh. The other key person to my plan, Vernon.

Let's see, maybe I should tease him a little bit. 

"sad huh? he don't want us" I said before leaving. That look in his eyes, I know what it is and I'll take it to my advantage.

During the break, my first priority is to look for Vernon so I immediately go to his classroom but he was not there. Apparently, he didn't attend his morning classes. I then go to the rooftop, then to the student council office but he was not there. And so, for my last resort, I go to the clinic to which luckily he was in on one of the beds.

"Hey Vernon it's lunch already. let's eat" I said as I approached him.

" I'm not really in the mood to eat so I'll pass" he mumbled and return to cover himself with the blanket.

"oh come on Vernon, is something bothering you?" I asked like I am noticing it now when I actually did something to ignite it.

"Nothing I just want to be alone" he answered determined to keep mum

"Come on, we've been friends for how long. Do you think I don't know when something is bothering you" I answered convincing him to talk.

Vernon remained quiet but he seems to be contemplating so I push further,

"Come on, you already opened up to me before, didn't I helped you that time? Or I wasn't really helpful?" I said with a touch of fake sadness.

Hearing that, Vernon finally face me properly. He sits up from his bed and is seems to be choosing his words.

"I ..... feel weird. I can't understand how I feel" he started.

"Why do you say so?" I asked helping open up the matter.

"Well you see that I heard your conversation with Seungkwan right?" He said confirming if we are in the same scene.

I nodded.

"I don't really get it. Why am I so bothered with what I heard" He said, his statement is really expressed in his face.

"Where exactly is bothering with what happened? It's pretty clear to me, Seungkwan see us as an enemy. We are annoying to him and he doesn't really want anything to do with us" I answered laughing from the fact that it was fun seeing this Vernon.

"I don't know okay?! I thought you are going to help me?" Vernon complained.

"Okay, okay, I'll help you sort out your thoughts. You have to understand that this is usually done within oneself so you have to cooperate carefully and answer me honestly" I started my counseling session with Vernon. He nodded as a reply.

"So the problem is you are bothered about what Seungkwan said and you don't see the reason on why you should be? Am I right on reading things?" I confirmed to Vernon if I am seeing the same as he is.

"...... I guess, yeah" Vernon answered half-heartedly.

"Okay then, I want you to contemplate on what specific things you are bothered? Is it about something he said? Is it something about his behavior? Is it just the fact that he irritates you? Or maybe there's another more? Maybe you are irritated with this whole thing, but there must be somewhere there that you are more irritated about?" I asked that might help organize his thoughts. We need to first get to the roots of this.

Vernon thought about it carefully, almost getting lost in it until the answer was found. It was evident in his face as it contorted more than before.

"So what is it?" I ask.

" I think it is about his words and action, it is so unreadable. It's inconsistent" he answered. I stopped for a moment and looked at Vernon, thinking on how I should go with my next statements until the face is back. It was the face he showed me when I teased him awhile ago about Seungkwan not wanting to be friends. I guess that's the cue for me to continue.

"Wait, it was just this incident this morning we are talking about right? For you to say inconsistent and unreadable, then there must multiple incident for you to observe that. You get what I mean?" I explained, acting confused.

Vernon remained silent.

"Woah, so does this bothered self of yours related to your first inquiry about Seungkwan?" I asked for confirmation.

Vernon released a big breath before nodding and saying,

"Yes, I think I am bothered that sometimes he wants to be friends then sometimes all of a sudden he wants nothing to do with me. Why go through the trouble of being nice to me?" He answered, to which I answered with a smirk.

Vernon frowned at my reaction and seems to wait for why am I smirking but I remained silent and just continued to do what I was doing.

"HYUNG!!!!" Vernon finally burst and I laughed in return.

"Okay, okay. The way I am looking at it, there 2 reason in my mind" I answered.

"What?" Vernon asked shortly.

"Well, it's either you are bothered because you are angry that you can't seem to read Seungkwan and he seems to be playing with your feelings" I stopped there because well I like the next idea so I should set some suspense to it.

"OR?" Vernon said getting impatient for the next option

"You actually like him dude" I finally said smiling big from Vernon's shocked face.