Chapter 24: Special Chapter

-----------x

Because what’s worse than knowing you want something, besides knowing you can never have it?

Chanyeol's POV

I was in Singapore for a business trip slash another-day-in-search-of-the-perfect-place. I haven't contacted Ellie for quite a while because of a huge problem in our family business and I didn't want to give her any hint of what I was planning for our anniversary.

Who would have thought we would go this far in our relationship? We rarely see each other after I became the CEO of CYP. As an architect, she was also busy in her work. And when she volunteered to be Jongin Kim's manager, we even have less time to be together.

She's often with Jongin. She went to different places with him for the promotional tour. They even went abroad together for that, of course with the rest of the crew. I was trying to hide it especially when we talk, but damn! Only God knows how jealous I was, I am, and I will be of Jongin.

He got closer with Ellie, too close I hate to see them together. Too close, rumors about them being 'secret lovers' almost spread over the internet if I wasn't quick enough to stop it from leaking.

There was even a time Ellie almost caught me having negotiations with a blogger to stop spreading rumors. Most of the time she saw me busy in front of my laptop, I was actually busy stopping rumors from spreading.

They got too close I was afraid I might lose Ellie...

I trust Ellie. I have so much trust in our love for each other. There was no man in her life other that me and there was no woman in my life other than her. There will never be one better than her.

So I thought of just taking the chance to propose to her. Maybe this could end my paranoia of losing Ellie. There's a chance she might turn down my proposal. I know marriage isn't in her mind yet. But if I won't try, I might regret in the end.

"Mr. Park, would you like to check out the beaches in Thailand? There could be many romantic beaches there," my assistant in Singapore told me.

"Maybe I could check out the brochure first then I'll go see it myself if there's something I'll like," I answered then he left to do his job of looking for the brochures.

I also decided to call my best friend Luhan. He might be using his brain this time and give me a much better idea.

"Hmmm?" he said on the other line. Looks like I woke him up.

"Ya, Xi Luhan! Get up now!"

"What, dude? I'm tired! I just got home from work," he complained.

"Tss! Hoy, mag-suggest ka nga? Ano bang mas romantic? Beach set up?" I asked him. I laid on the couch with my legs resting on top of the center table.