Chapter II: Suspicions

Slenda's Mansion
January 6th 8:30 P.M

Peter's P.O.V

*Tap* *Tap* *Tap* *Tap* *Tap* *Tap*

The only sound that was heard at the moment...i was tapping my fingertip onto the table...lately I've been having suspisions...that someone knows something about these guys...and they aren't trying to tell me...someone knows something...and I wall find out who it is and what it is....

Someone must be hiding something from me...and I want to know what it is...these guys are walking around my city causing mayhem and almost killing someone...i don't know where these guys are from...but they need to know that that's not how things are done around here...

I got up from my seat at the table and moved towards my room...when I got there I put on my suit minus the mask and grabbed my police radio...i then went back downstairs and took my seat at the table and turned on the police scanner and listened for anything I can find on these two.

"Pete?" I then turned around and saw Jane looking at me with concern.

"What is it jane?" I said plainly. Causing her to be taken aback by my tone.

"Is something bothering you?" Jane asked walking towards me I then looked away.

She then looked closer and saw me wearing my suit...she sighed and rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"You're planning to go out there again aren't you?" She asked.

"What do you think? If I have my suit on then i'm obviously going back out there." I said.

"...Peter....don't you think you need to slow down a bit? Your taking this search way too seriously! Your stressing yourself out again...you need another bre-

"I DON'T NEED ANOTHER BREAK DAMNIT!!" I yelled causing Jane to look at me shocked.

"I'll be fine! I'm not going to get myself hurt or killed again! I can take care of myself!....god! I'm sick of you all treating me like I can't do things on my own! Like I'm weak!" I continued.

Jane was taken back by my sudden outburst...I never raised my voice at anyone in the mansion...not even my girlfriends...i realized what I did and sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"....*sigh*...look...i'm sorry okay?...it's just..i need to find these two..these guys are causing trouble and it's only going to get worse if I don't do something..." I defended as I put my hands on her shoulders.

"...I know you mean well jane....and I don't blame you...if something happened to you or benny...or the others....i don't know what I'd do..." I said.

"No....it's fine...I've just been a little on edge..i just want you to be safe that's all.." Jane said. I then sighed and hugged her.

"I'll be okay...I'll tell you like I told benny....I'm not going anywhere...nothing will keep me from leaving you guys...ever.." I said..she then smiled and hugged back..after a few minutes we heard the front door open and saw zero trying to get to the stairs.

"Hello zero..." I said...she quickly turned around and saw me staring at her intently.

"Oh umm...hi pete! How was your day?" Zero asked nervously...i then narrowed my eyes and began walking towards her.

"It was good...just been looking for some portal jumpers the whole day...what have you been up to?" I asked while standing in front of her with a blank expression.

"Oh nothing...just been hanging around! New York has some really good pizza!" Zero said again...my eyes were narrowing even more.

"Really? What pizza place did you go to?" I asked.