Chapter III: Meeting With Eddie

Midtown N.Y
January 7th 10:30 A.M

Spider-Man's P.O.V

"So he wants us to meet him where again?" I asked. I was perched on a rooftop with Scarlet-Spider in Midtown...me and Ben are currently on the prowl for some info about these portal hoppers who popped up a few days ago and it looks like we may have hit the jackpot..appparently Eddie Brock from the Brock report knows a little something about these guys.

Ben got his card from him yesterday...we called him a few hours ago and he wants us to meet up with him somewhere.

"Daina's Diner..it should be just a few blocks from here.." Scarlet-spider replied.

"Didn't that place get shut down for health violations? I heard the pancakes there put some guy in a hospital..." I asked.

"No man...you must be talking about Tino's...that's the one that got shut down..."  Scarlet-spider said.

"Eh..same thing in my eyes....so is he there already or?" I asked again.

"How about we go there and see for ourselves?" Scarlet-spider said and proceeded to swing towards the diner.

"Oh golly! Great idea!" I said sarcastically as I took off behind him.

After swinging towards the diner we landed in front of the doors and stepped inside...it was pretty small..but it was a pretty fine establishment..the tables were set up neatly and the floors were nice and clean.

We looked around the diner until we saw a brown haired guy wearing a grey hoodie and a black leather jacket..he didn't notice us as we walked towards him so we got his attention.

"Eddie..." scarlet-spider said causally as he sat down in front of Eddie and with me joining him..eddie looked towards us and smiled.

"Scarlet-Spider! And I see you brought a friend.." Eddie said.

"And I think you know why we came here..." scarlet-spider said.

"I see....so what do you want to know?" Eddie asked us as he took a sip from his coffee.

"Everything...for starters we need to know where they are hiding..are they in one of those cheap hotels? Are they living in the sewers?" I asked.

"Cheap hotels? Nope...sewers? Not even close...how about a warehouse...did that cross any of your minds?" Eddie said.

Me and scarlet-spider exchanged glances and shook our heads causing Eddie to chuckle.

"You guys aren't very good at this detective thing are you?" Eddie asked.

"The hell are you talking about? I'm the best goddamn detective there is!" Scarlet-spider said.

"Really? If that's the case then how come you guys haven't found the spider-twins yet? A good detective would be able to put the pieces together and figure stuff out quickly.." Eddie said.

"We're getting there...right now it's just small steps..." I defended.

"Sure...and by small steps you mean utter incompetence?" Eddie said mocking us.

"Look are you gonna help us or not?" Scarlet-spider said slowly losing his patience.

"I just did..." Eddie said while casually leaning back.

"Bullshit! All you told us is that they live in a warehouse!" Scarlet-Spider yelled.

"Exactly..." Eddie said.

"There are multiple warehouses in new york eddie! We need you to be more specific!" Scarlet-spider said visibly frustrated.

"Dude seriously? Are you blind or stupid? There's only one warehouse in Midtown..." Eddie said.

"WHAT'S THE NAME OF THE WAREHOUSE?!"  Scarlet-spider said finally losing it.

"Look outside of the window genius!" Eddie said..we both quickly looked outside of the window and saw a warehouse not far from here.

"Alright...so they live in a warehouse...is there anything else we should know?" I asked.

"Well that and weird chick was looking for them a few days ago...her name was Zero I think...." Eddie said with a shrug.

This caused both me and Ben to look at each other and nod. We both stood up and began to make our leave but not before Eddie said one last thing.

"Good luck with your manhunt! Or spiderhunt?...eh whatever..." Eddie said as he shrugged again and continued drinking his coffee.

"That guy was an idiot..." scarlet-spider said.

"Well that idiot did give us the info we needed...so I guess it's a win for us..." I said as we left out of the diner and began swinging towards the warehouse.

5 Minutes Later.....

After swinging towards the warehouse we landed onto it's rooftop and began looking for a way inside...ben called me over to a window on it's side and he opened it..we both nodded and carefully crawled inside of the warehouse and saw that it was empty...the only thing we found however was some boxes that were set up as makeshift beds and a few crates that had canned food in them.

"Hey spidey? You like beans?" Scarlet-Spider said as he chucked a can of baked beans at me and I dodged it.

"What the hell was that for? You almost hit me!" I yelled.

"So your not gonna eat them? Their good for your heart y'know? Don't eat too much though cause then your gonna fa-

"Yeah yeah I know how the stupid song goes!" I cut him off causing him to chuckle.

"So...there are two beds here...which means that this could be the warehouse they live in..." I said while looking down at the makeshift beds.

"...Or this could be a trap...or a diversion..." scarlet-spider said while looking around.

"I swear you and Kaine are always questioning something..." I said.

"Where do you think we get it from?" Scarlet-Spider said while crossing his arms.

".........Touché....I think we should come back later on...they're not here right now..wonder where they could be?" I said as Ben nodded and we both exited the warehouse through the window.

Me and Ben were now in our civilian attire walking through the streets of midtown...ben then got a text on his phone and smiled.

"It's from jess isn't it?" I asked causing him to look around.

"Whaaat? No! What made you think it's from je-

"Go hang out with your girl dude...we'll Look for these guys later...." I said causing him to nod and run off.

"...So...now I'm in midtown all alone...hey...there's The gamestop Benny works at...I should stop by and see what she's up to..." I said as I began walking towards the gamestop she was at.

"Wonder if she can get me one of those power cards..."

TO BE CONTINUED....

[A/N]: Aaaaand done! Sorry for taking so long guys! Just been working on another story...anyways let me know what you think and I'll see you guys In the next chapter! TotallyNotLaz