dear selena - chapter 1

I never thought I would need anything in my life. I had been alone for so long that I craved it. The relief I feel when I could do whatever I wanted without worrying about anyone else. The joy I felt when I wasn't getting my heart broken like anyone else.

Until I met you.

The masks we wear never will define us. I may not know who you are but I know that you are not like any other woman I have known. You are one in a million. Even when others put you down, you pick yourself up and prove to them that you aren't like anyone else in this world.

I don't think you understand how much I want you. Everything about you seems so perfect. I always think about what would happen if I just gave up and gave myself to you.

No matter how much I try to convince myself, we could never be together. Not because I don't love you. It's because I do.

Love is painful. Sacrifices have to be made. Not only for us but for the future.

Perhaps one day we will be able to admit our love to each other and be together for once. But until that day, it's best we don't continue our love. We will remain friends but nothing more. Love is something that has always been taken away from me. I don't want to lose you.

We are both just kids who had a broken childhood. This is all we know. I'll never forget that you helped me heal. You never gave up on my nature. Even when I tried to have you arrested, you helped me and stood by my side.

Cat, you may never read this. But when you do, always remember, I am here for you. The Bat isn't that arrogant to deny that he has true feelings for you.

I love you, Cat. Never forget.

Bat