PROLOGUE

2 years ago...

"Let's meet up for pizza this tomorrow?" I asked Chris as he parked in the driveway of my house.

"You read my mind," he agreed and placed a kiss on my cheek before I left his car and went into my house. Just as I stepped foot into the living room, my phone buzzed in my pocket. It was a message from Chris.

Chris: I miss you!! ;)
Lizzie: Shut up! And don't text while driving you bozo.

I smiled as I put the phone in my pocket and headed to my room, knowing that my parents wouldn't be home till later tonight. Today was an extra long day for them and it felt weird not coming home to my parents. Little did I know that it wouldn't be the only weird thing that Friday. I took a short shower and changed into sweats and loose shirt, taking my phone to keep me entertained.

After hours of scrolling through Instagram, I finally put my phone down and headed downstairs for some food. I was thinking pasta.

After dinner, I decided to call Chris. Yes, I also missed him, sue me. He didn't pick up immediately like always but when he finally picked up all my worries were forgotten.

"Hey," he answered sounding breathless. "What's up?"

"Just bored, what ya doing?" I heard him say something to someone before hearing shuffling noises.

"I'm kinda busy, so unless this is important, I gotta go." Chris finally said sounding pissed, this was very unusual. He was never too busy for me.

"Bye then," I hung up angrily and grabbed my bag and sneakers, locking the door before leaving. I wanted to see what he was so busy with, so I went to his house. I used the spare key to his apartment under the rug and opened the door to find an empty living room. Yes, he lived alone. His parents lived in England and he wanted to school here so they gave him this apartment. His parents were rich, filthy rich.

I looked around and saw nothing so I made my way to his room. I opened the door to find Chris sitting on his bed with a bunch of suitcases around him.

"You're moving out?" I asked him and he quickly jumped to his feet, causing his blonde hair to cover one of his emerald eyes.

"Lizzie," he sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I have to tell you something."

"Chrissy, they don't have gingerbread, maybe we ca- Oh hey there, you must be Lizzie I assume, I'm Kaylee." A blonde pretty girl said.

"Chris, what's happening?" I asked him, with confusion. I heard him sigh as he ran a hand down his face.

"This is Kaylee, my... My..." He struggled.

"Your what, Chris?! Please say cousin." I begged with trembling hands, sweaty hands.

"Fiancée."

"What?!" I cried and dropped myself on his bed.

"It's an arranged marriage between our families, it won't happen till we're older but our parents want us to get to know each other. So, I'm moving to England tonight. I'm sorry, Lizzie, I thought I still had a couple more months. Say something... Please." I couldn't believe it, my boyfriend had a fiancée. How...why? "Lizzie."

"Wow," that was the last thing I said to him before I left his place, running. My heart was beating rapidly and my tears were flowing nonstop.

That night, I cried myself to sleep, knowing that I'd never forgive Chris Rondelle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~£

So this was short but it's just the prologue. The chapters will be longer, promise!!