5

"Wait really?" Scott asked.

"I wouldn't say yes if my answer was no." Mitch sassed.

"Then Kirstie's going too!" Esther shouted, pointing her fingers at Kirstie. 

"If I'm going then Avi is too!" Kirstie shouted as well.

"Okay." Avi said simply.

"That was easy." Scott said, laughing a little.

"So what are Y'all doing for it?" Kirstie asked.

"YOU SHOULD DO A SONG TOGETHER!!" Esther shouted, her energy spreading to Kirstie.

"YEAH!!" Kirstie agreed. "We should do it A Capella!!!"

"Okay, two things. One, that would take a long time because we would have to figure out who would do what and second, we don't have enough people." Mitch said, not really believing it would work.

"SIGN UPS FOR KARAOKE ARE STARTING NOW! SIGN UP OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE!!" The manager shouted through the microphone that was now on the stage. The crowd around the stage cheered.

"Well, we don't need that many people, we have me for the beat and then we'd need a lead singer and the other two could do the background and then Avi could do the base." Kevin resolved.

"Still, we don't have enough time to practice." Mitch said, being stubborn.

"Imma go ask how long we have." Avi said, then walked over to the manager.

There was some small conversation between the two, then Avi ran back to them with a smile on his face, a smug one at that.

"We have almost an hour." He said as he stopped in front of us.

"If we acted fast then we could get it done on time!" Scott said excitedly.

"Let's go!" Kirstie shouted as the group of five made their way to the sign up sheet.

"What should we call ourselves?"

"Acca-nerds." Avi said bluntly, which resulted in everyone laughing, except Mitch who was sure they weren't going to get it done on time and were going to make fools of themselves in front of everyone.

"Nah, we need something that says A Capella better than that." Scott complained.

"Nerdy-Pella?" Kevin suggested.

"Nah, sounds like a disease." Avi said, chuckling a little.

Kirstie pushed through the group and wrote a name on the sheet, though no one could see it as she was blocking it from view, probably so that no on could read it until it was on paper. When she was finished, everyone leaned over the paper and read it in sync.

"The People Who Can't Figure Out A Name For This." They read together.

"Works for me!" Kevin laughed.

The others nodded in agreement and they all walked backstage to figure out which song they could do, leaving Esther to her thoughts by the bar after her protesting against Avi about how she wouldn't die because they left her alone.

"Now to decide what song." Avi said, slumping down on a stool in the middle of the room.

"TELEPHONE BY LADY GAGA AND THAT'S FINAL!!" Scott shouted over everyone else, though there wasn't much chatter to begin with so Scott attracted the attention of everyone backstage.

"Alright then." Kirstie said, her ear ringing as she was directly next to Scott when he shouted.

"Let's practice. Who's doing what part?" Kevin asked.

"Mitch sings first." Avi said, slapping his knee.

They planned some more, Mitch staying silent, figuring that they knew what they were doing and he would only make it sound worse than it already did if he added any ideas. he had to admit that their ideas were pretty good but his thoughts were cut short when the manager had told everyone, through the microphone, that there was only five minutes left so they finished up with their final touches on the song and got ready to go on stage.

"And now... The People Who Can't Figure Out A Name For This!" The manager called.

It was at that moment when Mitch realised that when they were startled by the announcement of only five minutes that they had forgotten to figure out what they were doing around the middle of the song.

"Guys, if anything unexpected happens, just go with it, okay?" He said to them as they walked on stage, the others nodding as an answer.

The crowd cheered a little and they got their microphones ready to start singing, but before they could say anything someone from the crowd shouted out at them.

"What are you even singing? Why are there so many of you?"

There were a few cheers in agreement but the group ignored it for the most part, only bringing up a small response of,

"Were doing Telephone by Lady Gaga, A Capella." Scott told them.

"A Capella sucks! It's for old people!" Another lady shouted.

"How 'bout you shut your trap and listen before you decide that you don't like it." Mitch sassed at the lady earning a few 'oohs' from the crowd.

Kevin smirked and counted down until they could start singing, and when he hit one, Scott started. The crowd cheered as Mitch started singing and the whole group felt a sudden burst of confidence and began to sing more confidently because of that. Though that confidence slowly died when the group now knew that they were missing out on a part of the song, so the looked to each other for assistance, though each member was as confused as the other. Except Mitch. The part slowly came up and they were all nervous though remembered that Mitch had said to keep going with it if something happened, which was what they were doing though still nothing unexpected had happened. 

And then it did. Mitch pushed his vocal cords as hard as they would go and pierced the air with a beautiful high note that sent the crowd into shock and cheers, the group almost stopping singing but still kept going, not being able to believe that the note had come out of Mitch's mouth. They finished up the song and left the stage smiling like idiots, even Mitch. 

"Mitch! That was amazing! hOw DiD yOu Do ThAt?!" Kirstie marvelled, still struck with shock.

Mitch simply shrugged and set the microphone down, then walked out through the doors to back stage and walked back out to the bar only to hear some people still cheering, the people who saw them cheering even louder. Mitch smiled to them and walked back to Esther who was smiling like a mad man. This was most definitely a night he would not forget.