》the reunion

!!! WARNING !!!

Please read the following message BEFORE finishing this chapter.

Obviously, this was written during the hiatus. I'm keeping it published because I love the comments <3 this isn't the end though! I'm just going to be moving this chapter to the end with every update.

If you don't want this hiatus-written ending & the SPOILERS within, wait to read it.

°Timeline: A week after Edmund, Lucy, and Y/N's return to the Pevensie's world.

Y/N

I stared at the hand mirror on my bedside table. The lion carved within the handle seemed to smile peacefully at me, and that calmed my sad spirit a bit.

Caspian and I had just finished speaking, via the magic mirror. I had told him about my new accommodations - Edmund and Lucy's aunt had agreed to house me after we convinced her I was Edmund's fiancee, who had just traveled in from America.

The house was quaint. It was large - well, sort of large; it was nothing like the castle I was so used to. But the rooms were comfy and cozy, and I had good company.

Caspian was happy for me, though I could see the pain in his eyes. We missed each other so much - I was terrified the yearn would destroy us.

Each time we spoke, however, the distance between us became easier to manage.

"Y/N!" Edmund's voice echoed across the old house and I could hear his loud and quick footsteps coming down the hall. He peeked his head into our shared bedroom and I stood up quickly, eager to know what had gotten him so excited. The broad smile on his face made it obvious something amazing was amiss.

"Y/N, come quickly!" The smile turned into a sly grin. "There's someone here you'll want to see," he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room. My bare feet slapped the hardwood floors, but my curiousity made me ignore the pain.

"Who is it?" I wondered aloud. I had no possible guess on who it could be - perhaps a friend of Edmund's he wanted me to meet?

A childish laugh erupted from Edmund's mouth. "Just you wait, darling."

As we rounded the corner and neared the staircase leading to the downstairs foyer, I caught sight of a figure. He was a young man in his twenties, wearing a sharp suit and green tie. His blonde hair was slicked back in a formal way, but his posture conveyed an attitude of carefreeness. Mine and Edmund's footsteps caused the man to turn his head towards us, and his sparkling blue eyes met mine.

"Well, I'll be..." the man breathed, as his mouth upturned into a familiar smile as he looked at me in awe.

My expression matched his as i if who it was. I almost jumped down the staircase, I was so ecstatic to see him again.

"Hello again, High King Peter," I giggled, quickening my steps and running up to him, a giggle coming from my lips. Peter was taller and his jawline was more defined, with a short, trim beard outlining it. He still held that prideful glow in his eyes, though some light wrinkles had etched themselves nearby.

"Good day, Queen Y/N," he replied cheekily, until our formal attitudes melted away and we embraced into a tight hug. I was so incredibly happy in that moment, and I could feel him smile as his face was embedded in my shoulder.

"I thought I'd never see you again," Peter spoke quietly, his voice muffled. I pulled away, a grin still painted on my face. "Life is full of surprises, isnt it?"

Edmund stepped towards us, putting his hand on my lower back. "Welcome back to England, Pete."

"And a warm welcome it is," he answered with a chuckle, eyeing me. "How- how is it that you're here? In our world...? And our age?"

As Lucy hung Peter's dress coat on a rack of the wall, she sighed. "Its a long story, Peter."

I glanced at her. "A wonderful story though, wouldn't you say?"

"Indeed." She returned my smile, and the four of us ventured into the parlor, where Lucy had a tray of fresh tea waiting.

Peter was almost coming out of him skin with anticipation, awaiting our explanation on how I arrived here. Edmund and I sat on the blue couch across from the green armchairs where Peter and Lucy had sat themselves. A crackling fire burned in the fireplace to our right, as a record player to the left played a soft tune.

"So, Ed, Lucy- you two went back to Narnia? And came back with Y/N?" Peter spoke faster than I'd ever heard him speak, and I noticed his British accent had faded a bit.

I felt Edmund's hand on my knee as we sat side by side. "Where can we even begin?" He asked me through a smile.

"At the beginning, of course," I said, leaning towards his face a bit.

Peter scoffed, though his tone was one of amusement, not irritation. "I see you lovebirds have only gotten closer..."

Lucy sighed dramatically before grinning. "Who would have thought Edmund would be the first to fall in love?"

Peter made a sour face, then sat forward, his anxious expression returning. "Well, come on then! Tell me about Narnia. Tell em everything!"

Edmund's hand moved so it cradled mine as he spoke. "It all started with a painting of the ship, called the Dawn Treader..."