Chapter 20 - Set Yourself Free

Linnux and the wolves laughed at the display: lambs tied on poles, cooking pots with boiling water and oversized barbeque grills over charcoal. They were unwilling to wait a single second. As the boss turned to Khampa and pointed at what he had, "14 years ago, my dad led his army of wolves to the same village for the same goal as I have: to eat lamb. Instead, you single-handedly saved the village and indirectly killed my father as a result."

Linnux pointed to the sky and circled around the table where Khampa was sitting. "Now you see? What goes around comes around, Khampa. In fact, I believe my dad is watching me from the heavens. Today, it's my lucky day and your unlucky day."

Linnux turned to his henchmen and nodded to them. At once, some wolves got to season a batch of 10 wolves, some sneezing from the overdose of pepper and spices entering their nostrils.

"Now then, Khampa, Grilled or boiled?" Linnux asked the old Mastiff as he leaned his body towards him.

The old mastiff, usually calm under pressure, was not used to threats related to life or death. Linnux stared at Khampa as the mastiff sweated profusely.

"Grilled!" Khampa struggled to say the answer.

Linux's mouth began to water. "Load them up on the grills, boys!" He shouted.

At once, the wolves placed the sticks of the ten seasoned lambs on top of the grills, the lambs feeling terrified at the prospect of being grilled to death. That was certainly one way to go.

However, as the wolves were about to grill the first batch of lambs, Linnux heard the noise of burning rubber.

"Look out!" shouted the henchmen as they got out of the way of a red Routemaster crashing into some tables before stopping. Out came Bodi, Angus, Darma, Grem and Trey (Karli elected to stay inside and hide for her safety) who faced imminent danger when they sighted the wolves once again. Bodi stepped in front of the boss, himself not being afraid of a big bad wolf.

"Leave them alone!" the young mastiff demanded Linnux, his eyes burning with anger at the sight of his village being run over by Linnux and his gang. The rest of his band joined Bodi.

However, the wolf was undeterred. "It's already too late, Bodi. Your village is now mine and your dad couldn't even save it!"

"Not if his son challenges!" Bodi retorted, himself feeling angry over what Linnux had done. "I had no idea who you were, but I assume that it was you that instigated the attempted kidnapping of me when I got to the city for the first, not to mention the one where you brought in your whole team to capture me after the concert! If we want to negotiate, stop cooking those 10 lambs on the grill now!"

Linnux turned around to his henchmen. "Stop cooking the lambs, NOW!" The lambs who were grilling were removed from the grills, their fur getting slightly charred and burned. The wolf boss turned back at Bodi before he unleashed his claws and scratched Bodi's face.

The young mastiff clutched his face to the horror of his band members. Angus and Trey were shell-shocked while Darma came to Bodi, checking if her lover was ok. To her surprise, Bodi removed his paw and reveal no scratch at all, let alone bleeding. Linnux, too, was dumbfounded.