Chapter 18 - Zombie

The Next Day, 33,000 feet into the air

Captain's Announcement

"Ladies and gentlemammals, this is your captain speaking. The time is now 10 a.m. local time. We are about to arrive at Mengcheng International Airport. Forecasting good weather with temperatures of 27 degrees Celsius (81 degrees Fahrenheit) with a forecast of fair weather for the rest of the day. Once again, thank for you for flying with Singapore Airlines and we hope to see you again. Cabin crew, please make the final check and prepare for landing. Thank you."

Seated at one of the window seats the economy class cabin was a female Tibetan mastiff, probably in her early forties, wearing a light grey round-neck shirt and black slim jeans. No one knows who she was nor which part of Singapore was from, but one thing is for sure: she was feeling comfortable as the plane made a descend at the runaway of the airport.

She watched the plane descending onto the runway; she was finally home.

8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8

Snow Mountain Village, Mastiff Household

Khampa took another comforting sip of his freshly brewed cup of coffee as he appreciated the panoramic view of the village from outside the house, just like what he had done for a very long time. However, there was a tinge of sadness within him. He grew his hair again thanks to some hair growing shampoo that Fleetwood had bought for him, but his grown brown hair had partially covered a whimpering feeling of his eyes.

He took out his mobile phone and unlocked it, finding out how his son had been doing ever since he stepped out of the village. The recently installed wi-fi system meant that he did not need to waste his mobile data. From the social media feed, the old Mastiff found his son enjoying his time with the band he was in, including recent photos of their live performance at the rock festival.

However, he had yet to return to the village.

Khampa looked up to the sky and wished for his son to come back to him, hoping to touch his face again.

8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8

Angus's Mansion

Bodi spent his time inside the room writing lyrics to more songs, his black songbook almost full as he wrote. The mastiff was back in his comfortable village clothes, minus the beanie. He got his hair trimmed days before the concert, so his hair was not as messy as before. He, too, had missed his real family: the ones at the village. His Dad, Uncle Fleetwood, even the scatter-brained lambs, even his Mum who had been away for a long time.

Just then, as he closed his songbook shut, he received a message from Angus:

Bodi, someone's there to see you. Come to the front door now!

Bodi rushed down the walkway, hoping to meet someone recognisable. He rushed down the stairs and arrived at the door, but stopped to realise who came.