Ch.3: Ever be friends

Alec's POV
*************************************************
     "I can't believe this..." I say in utter shock. Bexley Storm is at a party full of classy people... in a dress. Now that, I never thought I would see.
"Oh my god Ryder saw us!" Maddie whisper yells obviously nervous about seeing him. Between us, Maddie has had a crush on Ryder since the 8th grade, and we're seniors in high school. I have no idea how he feels about her but since he's friends with Bexley I'm assuming he's a dick. "He's coming over here!" Maddie yells in my year.
"That means Bexley's seen us, oh god. What do we say? This could lead a major blackmail!" I reply excitedly. Okay, I know that sounds rude. But Bexley and her friends have been messing with me since about 5th grade and I'm tired of it.
"Hey Maddie, Alec." Ryder smiles at us and I cant imagine what's going through Maddie's head right now. And that's why I'm glad I've never had a crush on anyone. Well, except when I was twelve and I had a crush on Emma Watson for being Hermione, but that's a completely different story.
"What are you guys doing here?" Bexley asks in an annoyed tone standing next to Ryder.
Now that she's closer I can actually see what shes wearing. My glasses work, but they aren't magic. She's wearing a strapless layered black lace dress in a sort of a prom like style which reaches a bit above her knees. Her hair falling off her shoulder in elegant curls. I will admit, she's gorgeous. Everyone knows that. But her personality just messes it all up.
"I could ask you the same thing." I reply in a challenging tone. For once I, Alec. Have a secret about Bexley Storm. You better believe I'm going to take advantage of that!
"Be nice Alec." Maddie warns me under her breath.
A slower song comes on interrupting my train of thought and Ryder puts a hand out to Maddie.
"Do you want to dance?" He asks smiling and I can hear her make a sharp intake of breath, obviously surprised.
"I would love to." She admits with the biggest smile I've ever seen on her face as they both walk away. Leaving Bexley and I, alone.
"So why are you here, dweeb?" Bexley asks and I roll my eyes at the nickname.
"Maddie's dad works for MD Inc," I reply waiting for her to explain but she doesn't "What are you here for?" I ask.
         "Bexley Crimson." I hear a voice say and I look over to see a guy about my age in a tux with blonde hair and hazel standing next to Bexley. Wait... Bexley Crimson?
      "What do you want Jake?" Bexley replies in a sort of tone that implies she does like Jake so much.
     "Aren't I aloud to hang out with my future girlfriend?" Jake comments taking Bexley hand. Although she quickly pries her hand from his grasp.
      "How many times do I have to tell you I'm not interested?" Bexley scoffs.
          "You don't have to tell me you're not interested... You need to tell the truth and say that you are interested." He smirks and puts an arm around her which she quickly escapes from.
       "Fine, I'll put it in simpler terms. Get away from me, or you leave this party with a broken nose." She smiles at him but he only continues to hit on her.
     "She said to leave her alone." I reply not even understanding why I'm trying to help Bexley.
        "Bex, Whose this?" Jake asks looking at me up and down.
      "I'm someone who is telling you to leave her alone." I quickly look at Bexley to see she's shocked and then look back at Jake.
     "Fine, have it your way. I'll be back later Bex. Cya nerd." Jake says walking away clearly agitated.
      "Why did you do that for me?" She asks me looking confused.
     "Because I'm a nice person." I mutter avoiding eye contact with her.
         "Well I didn't need your help. I could have handled things completely on my own." She states.
      "Yeah, clearly." I say, my voice filled with sarcasm.
      "Anyways, Thanks I guess." She mumbles and my eyes widen in shock.
         "Don't get your hopes up babe." She smiles and winks. Ugh.
     "Bex! Did you finally get a respectable boyfriend? Oh I'm so glad to meet you!" An man no older than 40 says to me and I can practically hear Bexley roll her eyes.
          "Dad, he's not my boyfriend." Bexley replies to her father. That's how I know him!! He's the head of Crimson Co!... Wait, Bexley Storm is actually Bexley Crimson?!
        "Damn, guess I got my hopes up." Mr. Crimson chuckles. "I'm David Crimson, so feel free to call me David." He replies with a smile on his face.
     "I'm Alec, Alec Kingsley." I force a smile back and shake his extended hand.
"Nice to meet you Alec! Unfortunately I have some business stuff to do so I'll see you two later." Mr. Crimson walks away leaving us alone yet again.
"Sorry about that." Bexley says, to my surprise.
"It's fine, he seemed cool." I tell her honestly. "Our friends ditched us, didn't they?"
"Looks like it." She says grabbing a glass off of a tray being walked around the room. "Looks like you're stuck with me." She smiles and I internally sigh.
I hope she doesn't think her and I will ever, in any universe, be friends.