Ch.4: What have I gotten myself into?

Alec's POV
************************************************
"I told you." She sighs and so do I. I can't believe my best friend. My Maddie, would ever like Ryder Gray! Bexley, my enemy's, best friend. Kill me now.
"I'm happy for them, but I'm not at the same time." I state at seeing the sight in front of me. Our friends did indeed ditch us, but we found them... making out in a corner!
"How so?" Bexley asks with an eyebrow slightly raised.
"I'm happy for them because Maddie's liked him for so long. But he's going to break her heart I kno—"
"He will not! He's liked her for so long now. And although you may believe he's a bad guy, Ryder is the nicest person I know. He's my best friend and he's sensitive so shut the fuck up about things, and people for that matter, you don't understand dweeb." She snaps at me after cutting me off.
"He hangs out with you, how sensitive can he be." I mutter back.
"You know absolutely nothing about me. So watch your mouth, shrimp." She replies, although I didn't even think she could hear me.
"Well I'm also not happy for them because then I'll have to deal with you more than necessary." I snap back at her.
"Wow, that hurt dweeb. That hurt." She says with fake disappointment on her face and her hand on her heart. Her whole cold demeanor from before being replaced by a playful one. I will never understand this chick!
"Ha Ha, you're soooo funny." I exaggerate, sarcasm basically dripping from my voice.
"We should try and break them up." She mentions abruptly.
"What?" I ask, failing to hide the surprise in my voice.
"You heard me, nerd. We should team up and try to break them up." She states, confident thinking that this is a good idea.
"I could never do that to Maddie." I reply looking at the ground.
"But you like her, right?" Bexley asks confidently and I can only imagine the astonishment on my face. "Don't try and hide it from me dweeb, I can tell."
"N-No, I don't... But even if I did, why would you intentionally hurt your best friend for the sake of my feelings?" I question, hoping she doesn't ask any more questions about me liking Maddie. "Wait, you like Ryder don't you?"
"I don't actually. But I have a close friend that really does and I don't want hi-her getting hurt." She says taking a sip from a glass she got who knows where.
"I don't know I... I can't." I decide suddenly.
"Okay sure. But if you ever change your mind, call me." She hands me a card and I look down to examine it.
"You know I..." I attempt to reply to her but look up to see she already left.

...

"Hello?" The voice asks from the other side of the phone.
"Why the hell are you up, it's 3 am?!" I whisper shout into my phone, not wanting to wake up my mom.
"I could ask you the same thing dork." She chuckles slightly and I roll my eyes. "Is this about my offer from earlier at the party?"
I sit in silence for a few minutes rethinking my decision.
"Look dweeb I don't have all night, I'm in the middle of something. Is it a yes or a no?" She says impatiently.
"... I'm in." I reply after another block of silence and I hear a slight "yes!" from the other side of the phone.
"Good choice, meet me at the park tomorrow to discuss the plan. Tomorrow at 3pm sharp." She commands and before I can object she ends the phone call.
What have I gotten myself into?