Ch.9: Comfortable Silence

"I would not be surprised if they're somewhere making out right now." Bexley starts forward only to stop, pushing her sunglasses from on top of her head back on to her eyes.
"One, dont say that that's disturbing. And two are you really that much of a dumbass to put your sunglasses back on when it's already dark?" I reply to her, only feared for my life just a bit. Oh I could've said so much worse to her, and I want to, but I'm not gonna lie... she's fricken scary.
"And I thought I was the mean one." She throws the bait out there, obviously hoping for me to be angry enough to reply. You'd think after years of bullying I would learn to hold my tongue but nope.
"You know I save those cuss words just for you." Thinking I've won, I slightly smirk in victory.
"Glad to know I'm special to you shrimp," Well I walked right into that one, I wish I could wipe that smug look off her face "but I put my sunglasses back on to shield myself from something even more disturbing than our friends making out." Without another word she motions with her head forward and I see what she was trying to avoid looking at. Suddenly I feel a strong urge to go back home, in my safe room, and take a week long nap.
"Oh god what is that?!" But Bexley only chuckles to my response.
"You never know what true nausea is until you see your principle sticking her tongue down her husbands throat." Even through this Bexley still has the audacity to—
Before I knew it we were both laughing hysterically. Honestly, as disgusting as it was, it's so weird to think that our principal has a life too. While we were making our escape from that horrid display, still laughing our heads off, we ended up joining a small crowd of people standing around.
    "God I will never get that vision out of my head!" I somewhat shouted, still unable to stop laughing.
    "It's going to be forever burned into my brain." Bexley puts a hand on her forehead but she can't hide the fact that she's stifling a laugh.
                      C'mon guys, I'm not dumb.
     We step forward with the crowd of people and end up being next in line for the Ferris wheel.
                      Okay, maybe I am dumb.
     Bexley didn't seem to realize as she looks behind her. "I'm hoping we escaped them, but I really don't want to look back and check."
      "Let's just never go back that way and pray for the best!" With a small shudder I look towards Bexley.
       "Agreed." She nods her head, not looking back at me. I wonder if she notices I'm looking at her? Personally I probably wouldn't because like, wouldn't turning your eye that far hurt? I don't know no one ever stares at me! No not staring, I'm just looking.
     "Your turn." A guy holds open the door to the Ferris wheel for us to get in. Oh god.
    "No, no we're not in line—"
     I tried to object that we weren't in line but Bexley just gets in. "I'm going with or without you nerd." She states confidently. Well she states everything confidently, but that's besides the point. I reluctantly get in with her.
            Alright, you got me. I'm really dumb.
      You never realize how slow Ferris wheels are until you get stuck on one. For once Bexley isn't making snarky comments and is just looking out... As much as I don't want to admit it, it's kind of peaceful up here. With her... With her. What am I doing up here with her?!... Okay, maybe she's not that bad. Maybe we can be friends...? That's stupid, we live in completely different worlds. We could never be friends. Ever.
    Would she even want to be friends?
      "It's so nice to be up here, looking at everything from a different perspective."
     "It... It really is. It almost makes you feel like you're a million miles away. That maybe for one moment you could just—"
      "Escape..."
    I slightly smile, thinking about how two completely different people could maybe feel the same way about something.
    "Was it that obvious?" I question looking back at her.
     She doesn't laugh, but that release of air that sounds somewhat like one. "Just a little bit."
  We sit there in silence, a comfortable silence.