Ch.7: Just another day in the life of Alec Kingsley

"That was annoyingly hard." Maddie complains.
"That's what she said." Muttered Ryder and I laughed a bit, even though it was stupid.
"What?" Maddie asks, obviously not hearing him.
"Nothing!" Ryder says and kisses the top of her head and they smile at each other. He has an arm around her shoulder. Some other girls in the cafeteria are glaring at Madds but as Ryder stated confidently earlier "They can fuck off!"
"Heloooo? Earth to Alec!" Maddie brings me back into reality.
"Huh What?" I ask, knowing nothing about what was said in the previous conversation. She rolls her eyes and Ryder laughs a bit.
"I was asking about you and Bexley. You've been whispering to each other in classes and laughing. I thought you hated her?" Maddie interrogates.
"Well maybe I don't hate her anymore, is that so hard to believe?" I question and I know what you're thinking. The answer is. Yes, I still despise Bexley Crimson's guts. But she actually can be funny at times.
"Very very, very hard to believe. You've hated her for as long as I can remember." Maddie reminds me.
I take a bite into my apple and refuse to answer any more of her questions. That's when Bexley comes into the room and automatically almost all eyes are on her, while some people try and talk to her. To my surprise, she takes a seat beside me.
"Hey there's my best friend. You know, the one who didn't try and talk to me at a party we both went to. The one who was busy when I called him yesterday." She sticks her tongue out at him and they then do that high five fist bump thing. You know, the one guy best friends do in the movies.
"Sorry Bex I've been preoccupied." He says with a wink in Maddie's direction and he grabs her hand with the arm he put on her shoulder.
"Well I can see that." She then smiles at Maddie, with no trace of her trying to break them up whatsoever. Damn she's good.

•••

    "Yo dweeb!" Ashton shouts walking my way and I internally sigh. I was almost through the school doors on my way home! Ugh.
      "What do you want Ashton?" I say with an annoyed tone.
      "Don't take that tone with me shrimp." He says angrily and with his hand he pushes my chest with a force that sends me pressed hard back into a locker. The hallways are empty because I stayed late for some extra credit, Damn grades.
      "Is there a specific reason you're doing this? Or are you just being a dick, I wouldn't be surprised." I sneer at him.
     He then kicks me in the gut and I slide further down the locker.
       "This is you're only warning Alex. Stay away from Bexley, got it?!" He shouts and I manage to get out a laugh.
      "Is somebody jealous?" I tease.
         He bends down and whispers to me furiously. "I've been trying to get Bexley to go out with me for years, you're not going to come in and fuck it all up!"
      "You already have a girlfriend." I remind him and he slightly laughs.
      "It's called a side hoe, shrimp." Ashton says and kicks me again but this time where the sun doesn't shine. "Don't make it so we have to have this conversation again."
     With that he storms off leaving me on the floor in pain.
       Just another day in the life of Alec Kingsley.