Ch.5: Survive this

Alec's POV
*************************************************
    "You want to what?!" I exclaim, what the fuck is she thinking?!
      "You heard me. I want to pretend we're dating." She states casually as if it wasn't anything big.
    "Why the fuck would we do that?" I ask, honestly confused. The plan was to break up Maddie and Ryder, not whatever the hell she had in mind!
      "Dweeb, let me ask you. How many guys in our school like me?" She asks.
     "Most of them, why?" I say as if her question was the most stupid question she could have asked, which it was.
        "And how many of them have I actually dated for more than. Let's say, 3 days maybe?" We continue to walk around the park.
      "Umm... None?" I answer. What is she getting at?
     "And yet they still want me, why is that?... Because people want what they can't have. If you and I pretend to be together, it will make Maddie jealous and there is a higher chance of her wanting you." She states and I stay quiet, knowing she's right. "Hear me out, my friend is throwing a costume party tonight—"
      "A costume party? In the middle of January?" I say curiously.
     "Yeah, he wants to do it because he thinks it's bold and intriguing. Anyways, I already invited Ryder and I know he's bringing Maddie. So we go and introduce ourselves as a couple, making Maddie feel jealous. We'll wear some couples costume and I'll make you look hot—"
     "Me, hot? Okay you've really lost it now." I mumble.
      "Let me finish my god damn proposal! Okay so we'll go and I already have a friend that's going to try and flirt with Ryder. He's the one hosting the party he's honestly up for anything." She tells me and a slight smile hints at her face. "Anyways, we break them up and you get you're girl. Sound good?" She asks.
        "Why would anyone believe you would date me?" I challenge her idea and she just shrugs.
      "People will assume I'm just using you for a one night stand. I'm typical." She says honestly.
      "Alright sure, we'll pretend that makes sense." I mutter.
     "Good, just don't go and fall for me." She smirks and winks.
           "Funny joke." I reply.

...

"So how are we going to make this believable?" I question as we get out of my car.
      "You can put your hand in my back pocket." She smirks.
     "Okay Okay, That was a good movie but you don't even have pockets." I laugh and so does she.
        "Fair point. I can act like we're dating, but have you ever had a girlfriend before?" She asks.
      "Well..." I scratch the back of my neck nervously and she breaks out in laughter.
      "Wow you are pathetic." She manages to get out in between laughing.
    "Yeah yeah, now seriously." I glare at her.
        "Well I've got you to look the part." She gestures towards my costume. We decided to do a classic angel devil theme so I'm in a white tux, contact lenses, a pair of angel wings, a halo headband thing, and she made me get a hair cut. She's wearing devil horns and a tight red dress with sneakers that have flames on them. I will admit, we look pretty good. "So just let me lead." She grabs my arm and puts it around her shoulder.
      "I didn't realize how short you were." I laugh and she scowls at me.
     "No, you're just tall!" She states and we walk up the front steps of a large house with blasting music and people already past out on the front lawn. Great.
    Bexley leads us through the house until she stops to talk to some guy.
       "Darling!" He exclaims and they hug. The guy is in black skinny jeans, a button up black shirt with purple buttons and a bright purple blazer. He has black hair that looks perfectly in place, and yet it looks like he didn't try at all. With violet colored eyes and glitter in his hair and on his face, this guy is stunning. "So is this the new boy toy?" He questions and smirks looking at me. "He's really not bad looking at all. Might have to hide him from me." He winks and I can feel my cheeks heat up. Bexley teases everyone. But someone else is flirting with me?! God what did she do to me?
     "Hi, I'm Alec." I smile at him.
   "I'm Griffin." He smiles back with perfectly white teeth.
      "So what's your costume?" I ask, not actually knowing.
      "I'm a straight boy's worst nightmare." He smiles confidently and hands both Bexley and I a red solo cup which she gladly sips and I stare at cautiously.
      "Don't worry you look gorgeous darling." Griffin smiles reassuringly at Bexley.
      "I'll be right back, I'm going to go use the restroom." She walks away.
        "What was that about?" I ask Griffin, wondering if I did anything wrong.
     "Oh, you mean with Bex? It's... well. Bexley Crimson is one complicated girl, let me tell you that." He replies looking off in the direction of where Bexley went. "And yes, I know her actual last name. But I would never tell anyone."
      A few minutes later Bexley rejoins us and her and Griffin talk for a bit while I analyze my surroundings.
       "Well thanks again Griff." Bexley hugs him again.
      "Anything for you darling. Well I will see you later my lovelies I'm off to seduce some men. Toodles!" He confidently sashay's away.
     "Love ya Griff!" Bexley calls after him. "Alright lets go find your Juliet, Romeo." She says and my cheeks heat up.
      How am I going to survive this?