Chapter 6

When I arrived home at 5:00pm. My mom greeted me. My brother wasn't home yet. And so as my dad. I greeted my mom back and went up to my room. I started doing my project. But the submission is still next month so I decided to stop. Instead, I opened my phone and talked to friends.

"Hey guys!" I started the conversation

"Hey! How you doin'?" Amira asked

"Is that dream of yours still bothering you?" Sharmey added

"Nope not anymore!" I said

"Really? Well, can someone help me? I had difficulty with writing a poem for english." Rose seeks for help

"Do it by yourself. It will be better if you did it by yourself." Elise said. Trying to cheer Rose up.

"Topic? Details?" Rose asked

"About nature. 3-5 stanzas. ABAB pattern. Printed. Arial. 12. Legal size." I said. Giving every detail I can remember.

"Wow, Zia!!!" Amira teased me.

"What?"

"Nothing. Hahahahaha!"

"Well I gotta go. Dinner is ready. And I'm hungry by the way." I said. And closed my phone without waiting for their response.

I went down stairs and ate dinner. Like always, we ate our dinner peacefully. While eating, the thought of my dream hit me again. Am I going to tell them? I wondered. But I have decided not to since it's just a nightmare.

After eating I went up stairs and get ready for bed. I was about to sleep when I remember my nightmare again. Oh that stupid nightmare! Why does that nightmare keep on bothering me. I thought to myself. I just lie down on my bed. I was still wondering around with my mind when I fell asleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in the carnival again. The ambiance, the setting, the people was all just the same. I look at the pocorn stand and there was the familliar girl again. I also saw the child with his mom and the sweet couple again. Everythung is just the same as the first one! The I look at the photo booth again. And of course, I saw the 5 girls again. This time, I walked faster than usual going to the glowing girl. But just like in my first dream, every step I take, the carnival falls apart. But I didn't mind it. So I tried talking to the girl

"Who are you?" I asked. She and her friendz doesn't seem to hear me.

"Who are you? Why are you glowing unlike the others?" I aaid in a louder voice.

Her friends froze. Then fade in the flow of the wind. She faced me. But her eyes doesn't meet me at all. She just keep her eyes pinned to the ground.

"Ummmm..... Who are you? Why are glowing unlike the others? Why does everytime the carnival falls apart, you were left untouched? Nothing changes in your physical features." I said in a softer, calmer voice.

She didn't respond. She face the rusty carousel. By the look of the carousel, nothing can be salvaged. After a few seconds of staring at it, she started to walk towards. When she walked passed the carousel, I noticed something. There was something colorful lying in the broken carousel floor. The wallet! I ran towards it. This time,I wiped the blood away from the keychain that was attached to the wallet. Mia. It's so similar to my name,Zia. I opened the wallet and saw tge paper again. Just that old bloody paper that I found last time.

Then I woke up. Back to reality. 3:30 am again. What is this? Is this some kind of mystery? This is killing me!

I went dowm stairs to get a glass of milk and a dozen of cookies to drink and eat. While eating, I thought of talking to my friends. I could really use a buddy to talk right now. I try to send them a message but of course, they won't respond. Its 3:30am. We have classes tomorrow so they need to sleep. And so do I.

"Oh well. I should go back to sleep. I need to wake up early later." I said and yawned.

I returned to my bedroom upstairs. And soon fell asleep again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dedicated to: heklog